1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 6, 2012 6:28 AM by adninjastrator

SWF file to convert a xml file?

manojb05 Level 1

Hi

I get a template, that used a swf file but use in xml format, i dont know what is the reason using swf to xml version.

please help me, if any way good for using xml, i will definitly start our project to using swf file in xml file.

Anybody brief me code is below (google get custom information i dont understand)

Regards

Manoj

<script type="text/javascript" src="js/swfobject/swfobject.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript">

var flashvars = {};

flashvars.xml = "config.xml";

flashvars.font = "font.swf";

var attributes = {};

attributes.wmode = "transparent";

attributes.id = "slider";

swfobject.embedSWF("cu3er.swf", "cu3er-container", "960", "400", "9", "expressInstall.swf", flashvars, attributes);

</script>

• 1. Re: SWF file to convert a xml file?
          adninjastrator Level 4

I doubt very much that the swf or the xml file is converting anything to anything else.

Typically Flash templates, slideshows, video player .swf files will use xml files to feed in data used by the .swf. Since the name of the .xml file in your case is

flashvars.xml = "config.xml";

it looks like the .xml file is being used to "configure" or set some of the parameters associated with the .swf. Very easy to find out exactly!

Open the .xml file in NotePad or DreamWeaver (or some other plain text editor) and see what it says.... which parameters you can set/adjust.

Best wishes,

Adninjastrator