1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 18, 2008 9:31 AM by tzeng

FYI : Filenames also cause installation failure

shoaibghauri
      Hi,
      I recently tried to package and install my application using adt utility.
      I was able to successfully create .air file but when I tried to install it I got the following error:
      "The application could not be installed because the AIR file is damaged. Try obtaining a new AIR file from the application author."
      Here's my .airappinstall.log :
      Starting app install of file:///E:/AIR/n2.air
      UI SWF load is complete
      UI initialized
      Converting to C:\Documents and Settings\shoaib\Local Settings\Temp\fla5BF.tmp
      Failed while converting AIR file: [ErrorEvent type="error" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="Signature Verification failed" errorID=0]
      Starting cleanup
      Installation exited

When I searched for the cause of this error, I found that mostly out of date certificate can cause it. But I was creating a self-signed cert right before using adt to package my app.
      So I picked a simpler form of my app. (minus all the resources folders) and tried again and it installed Ok.

After a lot of hit and trials I found out that the culprit was a file named 'prec&von.jpg' , I simply renamed this file and the air package installed ok. I have no exposure to MAC enviornment, maybe the mentioned filename is invalid on MAC platform and thats why air installer was preventing installation.

Hope this helps.