5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 6, 2012 5:17 PM by the_wine_snob

Narration

picture-queen

I am having trouble making narration on Premiere Elements 9. I know how to add it but it keeps going off in the middle and I end of having to make like 17 small narrations and deal with trying to connect them without over connecting and its driving me crazy. I am sure there has to be a way to make it stay on until I get through. Can you help me?

• 1. Re: Narration
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

Can you provide us with more info. This ARTICLE goes into some detail, and I will also add, please post the make/model and connection of your mic. In the article above, there are some computer specs. requests., that can be very useful, and the format of your HDD's, their size, speed, controller type and amount of defragmented free-space, can be very important here.

Good luck, and please let us know more.

Hunt

• 2. Re: Narration
            dobiegillis Level 1

Hi Narration

I also have problems with narration in Adobe Prem 9.   I can record it OK and it sounds OK over playback on the computer, but when I burn it to DVD and play it on our TV, the narration sound (volume) is much softer than when played on the computer, and can hardly be heard above the background sound and music.  I have adjusted all sound tracks with key frames and revved up the volume on the microphone (a headset mike), and on the narration track to no avail. I have also tried using an audio track for playing back narration after recording narration on the narration track and transferring it to an audio track without correcting the problem.  Very frustrating.

Any suggestions out there?  How can I record the narration to make it play back as recorded when copied to DVD and played through the TV?

Dobie

• 3. Re: Narration
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Dobie,

Some users, and in various versions, have reported problems with the Fixed Soundtrack and Narration Track. The fix for most of those users was to just move the Audio Clips from either/both of those, to a free "regular" Audio Track.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 4. Re: Narration
                dobiegillis Level 1

Thanks Bill

I did try that in the past without success when paying back through the TV, but will give it a go again.

Many thanks for your help.

Dobie

• 5. Re: Narration
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

One thing that can affect the Volume of an Audio Track, is Track Keyframes, applied through Audio Mixer - BUT those will affect what you hear, when you monitor the Audio, as well as affect the output to file. Still, you can hear the effects of the Audio Mixer, so if you have good levels (both visually, and when you listen), and THOSE levels are NOT being picked up during Export/Share, then something is wrong.

Good luck,

Hunt