11 Replies Latest reply on Dec 19, 2013 3:57 PM by A.T. Romano

Stop Marker Trouble

OguTO Level 1

Seem to be having a problem Stop Marker.

When making a menu based bluray with different storylines,

the stop marker works in the preview disc window, but

after processing and burning onto a bluray the bluray disc does not play properly.

When playing the main movie [in a Sony bluray player] the stop marker is ignored and it

plays right into the bonus movie.

[Personally - This is a must work function. [bluray creation has now ground to a halt]].

A forum search suggested there is a recognized problem with the stop marker.

Is there a problem? If yes, is there a timeline for a fix? Thanks.

• 1. Re: Stop Marker Trouble
          GeorgeG Level 1

Well I just ran into this same problem. Is there a fix/workaround? I am using Premiere Elements 12 running on Windows 7 Pro 64-bit.

• 2. Re: Stop Marker Trouble
            nealeh Level 5

Stop markers on Blu-ray haven't done anything in any version of Premiere Elements. So don't expect a fix. Unfortunately if they are essential you'll have to do the authoring outside of PRE (Sony DVD Architect Studio is very good and works with blu-ray - you can download a trial to be sure it does what you want).

Cheers,
            --
            Neale
            Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

If this post or another user's post resolves the original issue, please mark the posts as correct and/or helpful accordingly. This helps other users with similar trouble get answers to their questions quicker. Thanks.

• 3. Re: Stop Marker Trouble
              A.T. Romano Level 7

OguTO

Premiere Elements (any version) has never supported the use of Stop Markers in the Blu-ray disc format burn to Blu-ray disc. More recent Help PDF has stated that.

You can place Stop Markers on the Timeline, but they are not recognized at playback in a Blu-ray player or other.

You can export your Timeline to a file saved to the hard drive and then take the file into a 3rd party software for menus and burn to Blu-ray.

Stop markers will function in this regard only for the burn to DVD disc for DVD-VIDEO.

I have found that AVCHD DVD and Blu-ray Blu-ray fall into the same situation.

ATR

• 4. Re: Stop Marker Trouble
                A.T. Romano Level 7

OguTO

I did not see nealeh's post until after I had posted mine.

So, you have two reports on the situation.

ATR

• 5. Re: Stop Marker Trouble
                  nealeh Level 5

Here's the note from the Manual:

1.jpg

Cheers,
                  --
                  Neale

If this post or another user's post resolves the original issue, please mark the posts as correct and/or helpful accordingly. This helps other users with similar trouble get answers to their questions quicker. Thanks.

• 6. Re: Stop Marker Trouble
                    GeorgeG Level 1

Thank you both for your answers. Ridiculous that this software has this functionality disabled if you want to create a high def disk, i.e., AVCHD. I think this will be my last Adobe product as their attitude towards their customers leaves a very bad taste.

• 7. Re: Stop Marker Trouble
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

nealeh

That Help PDF screenshot can be misleading to some users since it says ...for DVD only.

It is common for some to use the term "DVD" to represent DVD-VIDEO format on a DVD disc. However some might interpret what it written as "any format on a DVD disc".

This point became significant once Adobe offered the burn to AVCHD on the DVD disc. I and others have found that stop markers in Premiere Elements AVCHD on DVD also do not function at playback on Blu-ray or computer players.

ATR

• 8. Re: Stop Marker Trouble
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

GeorgeG

Thanks for the follow up.

If you ever do try the AVCHD DVD with stop markers placed in the Timeline, please let us know the playback results.

I and others have not found them to function at playback of the AVCHD DVD.

A few years back, there was one report from a user in Europe who claimed he had. But, I have not seen that confirmed by others including myself.

Thanks.

ATR

• 9. Re: Stop Marker Trouble
                          GeorgeG Level 1

A.T. thank you for the other information. I did create an AVCHD DVD using four stop markers (and four main menu markers). Within PE12 using preview the menu functions as expected, once you hit the stop marker it goes back to the main menu. But once you burn the disk however the old Adobe "feature" is there and the stop markers are ignored. Now I wonder if putting a video between and/or blank time between if they will work. If I have the time to run the test, I will. I need this project ready tomorrow.

• 10. Re: Stop Marker Trouble
                            nealeh Level 5

From one of the other help files - https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-elements/using/sharing-dvd-or-blu-ray.html

Note:  Adobe Premiere Elements supports stop markers in DVD only. If your project includes menu stop markers, they are available only if you burn the project on a DVD. The stop markers aren’t available if you burn the project on a blu-ray disc or AVCHD.

Cheers,
                            --
                            Neale

• 11. Re: Stop Marker Trouble
                              A.T. Romano Level 7

GeorgeG

Thanks for looking at that AVCHD DVD situation with regard to stop markers placed on TImeline and their non function in the playback of AVCHD on DVD disc.

I do not see that the video between and/or blank time between will be a resolution to Blu-ray on Blu-ray disc or AVCHD on DVD disc stop marker issue. Rather I wonder if one scheme might be to put titles at the end of each movie to inform the viewer that movie a is concluded and asking him/her to use the TV remote to go back to the main menu to select movie b, c, d, etc unless he/she wants to continue to watch the rest of the movies in sequence.

Is that what you had in mind by what you wrote?

I have yet to hear of a player that is able to overcome this situation. And, I am not sure of the technical reasons for why this is happening.

You will be very busy getting your project finished by tomorrow. If you get the time at a later date, please let us know the outcome.

Thank you and best wishes,

ATR