4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 23, 2008 11:14 AM by kar13

MX2004 crashes when using QT controller

kar13 Level 1
      Hi
      Director MX2004 keeps crashing when dealing with QT. Simply placing the playback head in a frame that contains a QT sprite will cause the program to crash. Upon doing a simple test with a new, blank file, it appears to be related to the QT controller. If I place the QT on the stage and run the file, the QT plays fine. As soon as I check the box to turn on the controller in the QT properites panel, Director crashes.

I've uninstalled/reinstalled QT several times (v7.4.5). I've even reinstalled MX2004. (v10.1)

Has anyone heard of this?
        • 1. Re: MX2004 crashes when using QT controller
          Level 7
          kar13 wrote:
          > Director MX2004 keeps crashing when dealing with QT. Simply placing
          > the playback head in a frame that contains a QT sprite will cause the
          > program to crash. Upon doing a simple test with a new, blank file, it
          > appears to be related to the QT controller. If I place the QT on the
          > stage and run the file, the QT plays fine. As soon as I check the box
          > to turn on the controller in the QT properites panel, Director
          > crashes.
          >
          > I've uninstalled/reinstalled QT several times (v7.4.5). I've even
          > reinstalled MX2004. (v10.1)
          >
          > Has anyone heard of this?

Can you revert to QT6 and test it?

Andrew

• 2. Re: MX2004 crashes when using QT controller
            vrthree
            Try truning you harware exclerorator down.
            • 3. Re: MX2004 crashes when using QT controller
              kar13 Level 1
              wow. that seems to be working. Thank You!
              Can you explain why I was having that problem and why it's necessary to turn down my accelerator? (I had to turn it very far down -- practically turning it off -- before it worked.)

So far, so good. Thanks again. :)
              • 4. Re: MX2004 crashes when using QT controller
                kar13 Level 1
                Andrew,
                I did try using 6.5.2.

I turned off Direct Draw in the QT7 control panel and that seems to be working.
                Apparently, there is a known issue with NVIDIA graphics cards and QT. It seems it's not an issue with the file/product I'm creating, but rather an incompatibility with specific computer components. At least I have a work around.

FYI - this also seems to fix the QT crashing internet browser issue (for me, anyway) that's posted on this board as well.
                QT Crashing Browser thread