3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 9, 2012 12:35 AM by PECourtejoie

Layers Moving Off Screen When I click Around

fcastro75

Hi everyone, I am experiencing an annoying issue with Photoshop CS5 12.0.4. In my normal and quick workflow I notice that at random times when I am in and out of the layers and onto the canvas, sometimes layers go sailing off screen eventhough I am not moving them. Its as if PS is tracking my movements off screen and just blasting the layers all around. I saw the problems last week sometime on the forum, but I can't seem to find the thread again. Anyone have any clue what the heck could be causing this?

Running windows 7 x64, PS x64, I also have a Logoitech G9X high res mouse.

• 1. Re: Layers Moving Off Screen When I click Around
          Trevor.Dennis Adobe Community Professional

Do you mean that the entire image pans out of sight, or further than you wanted it to?    It sounds like the flick pan feature that came in with CS4.  You hold down the space bar to pan, flick the screen with the left mouse button, and it keeps on going.  Is that what you mean? If yes, then left click the screen to stop the pan.

Hmmm...  Reading your post again, I am getting the impression that you know your way round the app, and it is nothing so simple.

• 2. Re: Layers Moving Off Screen When I click Around
            fcastro75 Level 1

Hi trevor, yes its def not a flick pan issue.

To better decribe the situation. I just clicked on a specific layer I return the mouse pointer to the canvas, and I click right on top of the element for example and boom its as if I hurled it many many pixels away. I undo the move via the history palet and then I can click on it and it doesnt move away. Doesn't happen always but enough to be really annoying.

• 3. Re: Layers Moving Off Screen When I click Around
              PECourtejoie Adobe Community Professional

Hello, is auto-select layer activated? did you try to reset the move tool (right-click on the leftmost icon on the option bar) Or recreate Ps Preferences?

You only get that with layers, no problem when painting? Do you also have a wacom tablet? The logitech is wireless? could it deconnect some moments, and send confusing info to Ps?