1 person found this helpful
If you can identify which file it is, you can probably copy it from project to project without harm (always do a test on a blank project). I do that with a customized RoboHHRE.lng file where I've played with the wording for the navigation text.
The "To Do" list items appear to be stored directly in the ProjectName.XPJ file. So theoretically it would be possible to copy them by opening one XPJ using Windows Notepad, copying them, then opening the target XPJ and pasting. However, this will likely cause a disparity between the XPJ and the .CPD. So before actually opening the project where you are copying them into, you would want to close the project and delete the CPD. Then modify the XPJ and re-open the project. A fresh CPD should then be baked up and things should be in sync.
You might also want to submit a Wish Form to ask for an easier way to transfer custom lists. (link is always in my sig)
Helpful and Handy Links
Thanks so much! You guys are awesome as usual. Copying the TODo section of the XPJ worked like a charm and wasn't hard to do. I also submitted a Wish Form to Adobe.
Here's exactly what you need to do for future reference:
- Make a back up of the project that doesn't have the ToDo list entries you want.
- From RH, open the project that doesn't have the ToDo list entries you want.
- From the Topic List pod, select all topics and confirm that none of the check boxes are selected for any topic. (I don't know if this step is necessary but since I was going to delete these definitions from the project, I wanted to make sure that they weren't being used in any topic.)
- Save and close the project.
- Delete the CPD file.
- Using a text editor, open the XPJ of the project that has the TO DO list entries you want. (I used Visual Studio, but Notepad would work too.)
- Copy all of the text from <TOD0List> to </TODOList>
- Open the XPJ of the project that doesn't have the TO DO list entries you want.
- Replace all of the text from <TOD0List> to </TODOList> with the info from the 1st project.
- Save the XPJ.
- From RH, open the second project and set the ToDo list items for each topic as required.