7 Replies Latest reply on Feb 10, 2012 2:02 PM by ferheen

how to switch from desktop mode?

ferheen

My premier cs5 project is opening on desktop mode on my laptop..and not rendering the sequence on timeline..what to do?

• 1. Re: how to switch from desktop mode?
          Jim_Simon Level 8

What exact steps are you taking to initiate a render?

What exactly happens when you do that?

• 2. Re: how to switch from desktop mode?
            ferheen Level 1

iv been already working on my project..but now when i open the same project in the same premier pro version i.e cs5..it says that the only way to open the project is in the desktop mode. and when i continue with the project in the desktop mode, the sequence does not export.

• 3. Re: how to switch from desktop mode?
              Stephen_Spider Level 3

You should give way more information about your system and the project. Computer specs, raw footage format, export target....... Help people help you.

• 4. Re: how to switch from desktop mode?
                ferheen Level 1

sorry my bad...

ok so im editing on my Dell-n series with i3 processor and 2 gb ram..my raw footage is HD quality shot at 50 fps, frame size 1280 x 720. im editing using premier cs5. my project was going fine when one day the software crashed. when i re-installed the software and opened the same project, it opens only in desktop mode. and the sequence doesn't render on the time line..it basically does nothing. i have never come across such problem before so i am sort of stuck. before i was exporting using H.264 codec. but now as i cannot render the sequence on timeline..so i basically cant export the project as well.

• 5. Re: how to switch from desktop mode?
                  CharlieReilly

It's very possible that when you reinstalled, something involving codecs was not installed properly.

That could cause your media to appear offline or refuse to render.

Go to 'help' in Premiere, and once there, search "desktop mode" and read the posts.

Apparently there was a bug or something that was introduced somewhere.

There are also instructions on how to do a "repair" installation

Good luck...

• 6. Re: how to switch from desktop mode?
                    Stephen_Spider Level 3

One thing, your computer is under recommended spec for Premiere, let alone HD editing, so you will experience continued problems.

You didn't mention hard drive configuration. Premiere requires a dedicated hard drive for media.  You might check to see if you even have enough hard drive space to work at all. This might be the issue with Premiere not being able to render.

One thing to try is to create a new sequence at 1280 X 720, then copy and paste the footage from your original sequence into the new one.

Another option to try is to start a new project and import the problem project into it.

• 7. Re: how to switch from desktop mode?
                      ferheen Level 1

thank you...i think ur right..my system is not well equipped for HD editing,,but il give these options a try.