3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 9, 2012 11:09 AM by adninjastrator

export .mov or .flv to Flash player 6

monkeycolourcouncil

I'm new to Flash and have the following problem:

I've picked up a Flash project tat has an embedded .mov that I need to edit. I then need to save an .swf of my Flash project. 

I've edited to file in Premiere, but I can't import the new .mov file to Flash, only .flv

Saving as an .flv isn't a problem, but even when I import the .flv I still can't save to .swf becasue I get the following error:

WARNING: This movie uses features that are not supported in the Flash 6 player

Scene=Scene 1, layer=Layer 1, frame=1:VP6 Codec requires Flash Player 8 or higher

I need to export my .swf  with the embedded video file for Flash Player 6 (cleint agency requirement)

How do I solve this?

• 1. Re: export .mov or .flv to Flash player 6
          adninjastrator Level 4

Flash player 6?? Really? That's more than a few years back...WOW.

So the idea is to embed into the main timeline the .flv that you created in Premiere?

So the .flv file is really not the problem?

or is the .flv the problem....

but you need to create a version 6 Flash Player?

What version of Flash are you using and what are your choices as far as creating various player versions?

Check your "Publish" settings to see which versions are available to you.

Adninjastrator

• 2. Re: export .mov or .flv to Flash player 6
            monkeycolourcouncil Level 1

Yep, Flash player 6.

Yes, I'm embedding the .flv into the timeline.

I can do this as Flash Player 8, but I get the error when I try to save as Flash Player 6.

Does anyone know if thereare any special settings I should be using when I output the .flv from Premiere?

• 3. Re: export .mov or .flv to Flash player 6
              adninjastrator Level 4

OK, looks like the Premeire encoding is using VP6

frame=1:VP6 Codec requires Flash Player 8 or higher

The older versions of Flash used Sorenson:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sorenson_codec

So if you have to use Flash 6, you'll need to encode the video with an older version of Sorenson.

If you have the .mov, you might try transcoding in Flash Media Encoder and choose the Sorenson encoding.

Since this is all very old stuff, you may need to search around to find someone with Flash 6 or Flash 8 (the package included the Flash Media Encoder which used the older version of Sorenson).

Best wishes,

Adninjastrator