2 Replies Latest reply on May 27, 2008 7:05 AM by Menace4258

Bindable vars with data providers

Menace4258
      Hey, I've been working on a cross-domain CMS for quite a while now and am trying to tweak up a couple small problems now. I have an array collection of objects that is being initiated through an HTTPrequest. Everything works there, each array item is being displayed in a datagrid. Once an item is selected in the dg, I want the values for that specific object to be displayed in text boxes for editing, etc. However, that object must also be bindable.

So basically, to make this a little more simple. I have Bindable arrCol1 of objects. I need a seperate Bindable object which is basically a copy of an item from the array collection. I'm having difficulties trying to copy the data from a bindable object, to a temp variable and then to a new bindable object without having connections. Let me know if I did a bad job explaining.
        • 1. Re: Bindable vars with data providers
          Michael Borbor Level 4
          I think you'll accomplish what you need setting the text boxes binding with the dg selecteditem as the data provider, then you wouldn't need to make a copy of the dg dataprovider
          • 2. Re: Bindable vars with data providers
            Menace4258 Level 1
            Well that's what I was doing at first, but I had problems with the data in list objects. If I removed or edited an item that was in the list object, it would update the item in the original dg collection provider. This is why I figured it would be easier to just leave the original data provider alone and just make a copy of the item whenever I want to edit it. When finished editing, the new info is submitted and the database is updated, then the orig provider is refreshed fromt he web server.