2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 9, 2012 10:47 PM by Mylenium

After Effects error:

DavKing11

Hi i am having this problem with cs5 after effects I get this message when I am in the middle of the render of a animation  After Effects error: crash in progress last logged message was : <6568> <GetdepthPinFlagss> 5> 3:32 bit .

I am using windows 7 ultimate 64 bit, can someone help me out?

• 1. Re: After Effects error:
          Todd_Kopriva Level 8

What version of After Effects? Have you installed the recent updates ( http://adobe.ly/lsrkmJ )? What kind(s) of source footage? Has this ever worked before? What other software are you running? What third-party effects are in use in the composition? Tell us about your computer hardware. Are you rendering with OpenGL? Does the problem only happen with your final output, or does it happen with RAM preview? Are you using Render Multiple Frames Simultaneously multiprocessing?

(Yes, all of those questions are important.)

• 2. Re: After Effects error:
            Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

PinFlag errors usually point to specific plug-in errors, so imvestigate if at the point where it crashes a certain plug-in starts its magic, then try to think of how to fix it e.g. by turning off OpneGL/ CUDA in teh plug-in, should it use those. Todd is right, though. all the otehr stuff could be important as well.

Mylenium