7 Replies Latest reply on Feb 10, 2012 12:42 PM by the_wine_snob

Adobe Problems

keolog13

I was wondering if anyone could help me out. For 4 days now i have been trying to create a slideshow but to no evail. The pics look great in Premier pro but when exported to AE, they turn out pixelated. I have Premier 10 and they are worse there. I shoot with a Canon 5DMKII. My project settings are, DSLR 1080p 29 fps. When i open up AE and want to create a new project the pictures are pixelated in there too, same thing. They only seem to turn out in Premier pro. Sometimes I get a message saying that the software on my system is not up to date or unable to decode? I looked that up and tried the solutions but to no evail. Just wondering if there is something I am missing. I just want to create a menu for my slideshow!!!! arrrrrggggg,lol. Much help would be greatly appreciated, thank you. Joe.

• 1. Re: Adobe Problems
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

Let's talk about the PrE 10 problems. What are the pixel x pixel dimensions of the Still Images, that you are Importing? They should match your Frame Size for your Project, or be very, very close. See this ARTICLE. Note: there are discussions on PrPro CS 5 & 5.5. If you have either of those versions of PrPro, be sure to see them. The "playing field" changed dramatically regarding Still Images with PrPro CS 5, and 5.5.

Good luck, and please let us know some more.

Hunt

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Adobe Problems
            keolog13 Level 1

Most of them are like 5616 by 3744 or smaller. I am new to all this movie stuff. How do you scale your image to a 0.9 pixel aspect ratio? not sure, It is probably going right over my head,lol.

• 3. Re: Adobe Problems
              John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP
              • 4. Re: Adobe Problems
                the_wine_snob Level 9

Even if your Project has non-square pixels, you can leave your Stills with square pixels, just so long as you have enough - BUT not too many. PrE, unless they changed things with PrE 10, can only handle images up to 4096 x 4096 pixels. However, anything above your Project's Frame Size is useless, and will really, really slow down your computer. John T. furnished some useful links, and the first one will tell you how to even do automated, batch Scaling, plus will explain why extra pixels slow down the machine.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 5. Re: Adobe Problems
                  keolog13 Level 1

Hi Bill, thank you for the advice. I opened the project as, hard disk, flash memory camcorders, Full HD 1080i 30. Fame size 1920h 1080v. I open it I set it to Auto trim and bingo. I have myself a fine looking picture slideshow.

• 6. Re: Adobe Problems
                    keolog13 Level 1

There is soooo much to learn about Adobe products, it never stops. I wish I had the knowledge you had. It sure would make life easier for me when editing.  Thank you for all your help. I am sure I will ask for more,lol.

• 7. Re: Adobe Problems
                      the_wine_snob Level 9

There IS so much to learn. If you do not have a copy, I strongly recommend Steve Grisetti's Muvipix Guide to Premiere Elements and Photoshop Elements. Great book, and covers so very much.

As I create my SlideShows, pretty much by hand in PrPro (sort of a different workflow), I always learn something new about doing one in the Organizer. Lot of power there, and not so much "hand-work."

Good luck, and happy editing,

Hunt