5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 10, 2012 8:20 AM by John T Smith

Just purchased

SaraEllenS

Just purchased Adobe PhotoShop Elements 10. There are 5Disc in the case do you download all 5. The book is not very clear. And I cannot chat with support.

• 1. Re: Just purchased
          Jeff A Wright Adobe Employee

I am confused you have a book but you are downloading the software?  Which operating system are you using?  I would recommend reviewing Install | Adobe Premiere Elements | Photoshop Elements | Windows | Mac OS for additional information regarding the installation.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Just purchased
            SaraEllenS Level 1

I bought Elements 10 and the Premiere Elements 10 and there is a book with it. There are 5 Discs in the case. In the Adobe Premiere Elements 10 Booklet, it shows the HOME screen to say tabs: ORGANIZE, NEW PROJECT, OR OPEN PROJECT. I don't see those tabs.

• 3. Re: Just purchased
              Jeff A Wright Adobe Employee

Moving this discussion to the Premiere Elements forum.  SaraEllens what are you trying to do within Premiere Elements?

• 4. Re: Just purchased
                the_wine_snob Level 9

Sara Ellen,

It appears that you bought Premiere Elements and Photoshop Elements version 10.

What is your OS, Windows 32, Windows 64, or Mac?

The discs contain the two programs, PrE & PSE, and for either the PC, or Mac. Also, there are two versions of PrE for Windows, a 32-bit version for Win-32, and a 64-bit version for Win-64 OS.

Next, there is Additional Functional Content for PrE, which must be installed AFTER you have installed the program - if one wishes to have that extra material. It consists of additional Titles, Menu Sets, etc., and while not necessary, is useful to install.

You need to choose the disc (in the first four), with the program (PrE, or PSE), that you wish to install, and for your OS, plus with PrE, the version to match your OS, i.e. the 32-bit, or 64-bit.

IIRC, the Additional Functional Content is on disc 5.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 5. Re: Just purchased
                  John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

>do you download all 5

To help you communicate with the folks here

You DOWNLOAD files from the Internet to your computer

You INSTALL software onto your hard drive