1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 9, 2012 10:00 PM by kglad

how link from html page to a specific frame in flash cs5 as3

kma1819

Hi!

I'm kinda new around here. I am interested in knowing how to link from a specific html page to a specific frame in flash cs5 as3.

I have a website that I originally began to design in flash but later started developing new pages for it in html. The flash part of it has several pages on different frames and I have created links from the flash part to the other html pages, but, I can only link the html pages back to the main flash home page, and not the other pages in the flash part of the website.

I have read that in cs3 it was possible using the flashvars skip variable, but I don't know how to do it. I have not yet seen any working examples and I could not find any instructions / tutorials online for cs5.

Can someone help here?

• 1. Re: how link from html page to a specific frame in flash cs5 as3
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP

add a query string, to the swf's embedding html, with variable/value indicating the frame you want to display in your swf.  add a javascript function to return the query string (or entire url), call the javascript function from flash using the externalinterface class.  and finally add code to your swf to parse the returned url or query string, parse it and then direct your timeline to the appropriate frame.

1 person found this helpful