6 Replies Latest reply: Jul 24, 2013 7:26 PM by WrapArizona RSS

What are the best export settings for a HD video in Premier Pro CS4?

sensory_overflow Community Member

I've been having so much trouble with this issue and it's something that continually frustrates my boss. I have a HD video the settings for it are

FPS 23.98

1920 x 1080, then a few lines down it says 1408 x 792

16 bit,

2 channels

48000 Hz

What should the settings be when I make a new sequence?

When I look at it in the window in Premiere Pro I have to contantly 'shrink' the image to fit the window, is that something I should be doing or does it indicate the sequence settings are incorrect?

But more importantly what should the export settings be? I exported a 4 minute long video and the size was 1 GB, I know that's too big.

I need to export it without loosing any quality and export another one that meets the Youtube and Vimeo limits on size.

Vimeo is 500 MB per week, sometimes I upload 4 videos per week. I think Youtube you can only upload 500 MB at a time.

I need to get smaller sizes with loosing the least amount of quality possible AND the best export settings for quality, so I guess I have 3 separate questions-

What are the best sequence settings for HD video?

What are the best export settings for HD without loosing any quality?

What are the best export settings for the size to come out around 500 MB with loosing the least amount of quality possible?

Thank You!

On the above thread I used the 5th anwer, and it's going to take about 7 hours to export a 4 minute video :/