Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hot keys to apply styles

New Here ,
Feb 10, 2012 Feb 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to change many, but not all, Heading 4 styles to "Procedure Intro."

Does anyone know if there is a way to assign the Procedure Intro style using hot keys? So far, I've only been able to make Ctrl+Shift+N work for applying a Normal style. (I thought the hot keys worked for headings, too, but I can't make that happen.)

Currently, I moved the formatting toolbar down nearer the text window, but I still have to select the style from the drop-down box which is extremely bothersome.

Thanks for any help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

CTRL+ALT+1 = Apply Heading 1

CTRL+ALT+2 = Apply Heading 2

CTRL+ALT+3 = Apply Heading 3

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tip on the headings. 🙂 What about non-heading styles? Is there a way to assign hot keys to them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2012 Feb 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the only way is to get special macro recording software and create a macro of the keystrokes. I think I've seen mention of such a thing on the forums previously, but I don't remember the name of the product unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This article was just posted in another forum. Perhaps Ctrl+Shift+S can help shortcut the process? I'm currently at a PC without RH, so can't test it myself at the moment.

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/robohelp/robohtml/WS3c7b1b10c0d820d31172e0811c48d40693-8000.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amebr

I just tried it and what the key combination does is to cause the styles drop down in the Formatting toolbar to open. You then have to select a style from the drop down.

I tested with the toolbar hidden and an interesting thing occurs. The drop down appears anyway!

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, Macro Express does sound familiar.

And thanks for testing the key combo, Rick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2012 Feb 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks everyone for your effort. I sent this issue to Adobe's wish list. Since it is already in FrameMaker, and has been for years, I am hopeful that they can repurpose that piece. You never know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp