1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 10, 2012 3:44 PM by the_wine_snob

Audio and Video out of sync when recording with webcam(works just fine in Windows Live Movie Maker)

slkid2K12

Hello.  I am trying to use Premeire Elements 10 to record from the build in 2MP webcam on my ASUS G74sx computer.  I have 12GM RAM, 2gen i7 processor, and a GEFORCE GTX 560m (3GB cache) graphics card.  I am running Windows 7 64bit.  I have tried recording three different times with my webcam and the audio/video is out of sync.  It does not do this with Windows Live Moviemaker.  I can record in WLMM and then import, but I am trying to have to  avoid doing that.  Can anyone help me out?  Thanks!

• 1. Re: Audio and Video out of sync when recording with webcam(works just fine in Windows Live Movie Maker)
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

PrE is designed to work best with footage shot on a video camera, and pretty well well with footage shot on a digital still camera, that also shoots video, but with limitations. It does not do so well with Webcam footage, or video screen-capture footage, say from FRAPS, or similar.

It also lacks a real, live-capture module, like PrPro's OnLocation, so there will likely be limitations.

What are the full specs. of the files generated from the Webcam? There might be a workaround available, though maybe not.

Good luck,

Hunt

PS - one of our trusted contributors, Neale, does use a Webcam (Logitec, IIRC), so he might have some good advice for you.