3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 11, 2012 7:28 AM by Mylenium

Imported Clip is Double Speed

ArabianBushPig

Normal clips are normal speed but clips I get from using this video game recorder: http://www.avermedia.com/avertv/Product/ProductDetail.aspx?Id=556 imported as double speed. It plays the clip twice so it goes for the usual length of time. I've tried simply halfing the speed but it doesn't look as smooth and it doesn't keep the nice 59.94 framerate I need. Any help on how to import it properly would be helpful, thanks.

• 1. Re: Imported Clip is Double Speed
          ArabianBushPig Level 1

No ones gonna help?

• 2. Re: Imported Clip is Double Speed
            Dave LaRonde Level 6

What, you think Adobe Customer Service is on duty 24-7 or something?  Maybe on the phone or their own portion of the Adobe web site, but not here!  This is a user forum!

You know, it's after 10 PM in the Central Time Zone in the USAon a Friday night.  You're darned lucky ANYONE is reading this, pal.  Keep that in mind, okay?

Some game recorder probably recorded at some off the wall frame rate.  It happens.  Highlight the footage in the project window and go file>interpret>main.  Check the frame rate of the footage.  Change it to what you need.

• 3. Re: Imported Clip is Double Speed
              Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Dave has a point - people here come from different time zones across the planet and expecting an answer within 15 minutes or even an hour is just not a realistic assumption. People do tend to have otehr things to do, including getting some sleep every now and then. Even more so on weekends. As for the matter at hand - are you even sure whatever game you recorded actually achieved the 60fps you claim you need? Yes, the tool may have recorded at 59.94, but if the game's effective framerate is just 30fps on your system, naturally you'll only have recorded the same frames twice and it will look stuttery when slowed down. Perfectly logical. So unless you can make sure your graphics card can actualyl deloiver these refresh rates, you whole workflow is pointless and wrong.

Mylenium