2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 11, 2012 4:55 PM by Bo LeBeau

Pilcrow

SanctuaryCatWVanilla

I cannot seem to find the Pilcrow on my screen.  I was told it's supposed to be in the upper left hand side of the screen, I have been unable to find it. 

• 1. Re: Pilcrow
          Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

Sounds like you mean in the Control panel. The control panel, in text mode, can be switched from character to paragraph mode. On the very left end of the control panel, wherever you have it located (by default it's docked at the top of the screen but it can be moved), when there type tool is selected, you'll see yep buttons, the one on top has an A in it, that's character mode, the one below is a pilcrow, and that switches you to paragraph mode.

Paragraph Spacing.png

In the figure above the pilcrow button is pressed, and I've circled the space before and space after fields for another user -- recycled image...

• 2. Re: Pilcrow
            Bo LeBeau Level 4

The control panel is context sensitive.

You need to have the text tool activated, the "T" in the toolbox, for the paragraph/character control panel to appear.

If you have any other tool selected it won't show up.

The keyboard shortcut to switch between the Character options & the Paragraph options is: Cmd, Opt, 7, for Mac,   Ctrl, Alt, 7, for Windows.