0 Replies Latest reply on Feb 14, 2012 1:08 PM by Admin is traitor

Error when publishing 3D to GIF

Admin is traitor

Symptoms:

When the scene contains any 3D rotated object, it doesn't render correctly when publishing to GIF format.

Version:          Flash CS4

Steps to reproduce:

1- Create a new empty AS3.0 scene. Set the publish settings to generate a GIF animated image, set its "animate" option.

2- Add some empty frames. You don't need to set any interpolation between them.

3- On frame 1, draw any simple shape, select it (Ctrl-A) and turn it into a MovieClip (F8).

4- Publish, then play GIF file, just to checkout that generated GIF is OK.

5- On frame 1, select your shape, then select the 3D rotation tool. Rotate shape around any axis, any amount.

6- Publish again. Checkout GIF file... ERROR!! Shape position is wrong - it always goes to (0,0).

Can you reproduce it, or is it a problem with my installation?

Thanks.

EDIT: This thread tells about the bug. However, the suggested workaround (using export instead of publish) is not a final solution for me. As far as I know, exporting generates a much lower quality image. For example, it will always use pattern in resulting gif image, even if not desired. Am I wrong?