3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 13, 2012 8:00 AM by kglad

What are the best settings when producing for CD-ROM

subtlefly72

Hi Team,

I am currently producing a CD-rom with educational content including film, quizzes, drag and drop and animation.  Can I get some advice ?

Here is what I am thinking so far..

Stage 800x600

frame rate 25 fps

It has do have film and interactive goodness.  Am I doing anything wrong so far? Film guys tells me that the film is 25 fps.

Also I have production premiusm cs5.5 os is there a particular bit of software that I shoudl be authoring CD-rom with? or just make a projector file and use toast to burn it?

Chees,

any help would be greatly appreciated, especially if you can see I am going wrong.

Sub

• 1. Re: What are the best settings when producing for CD-ROM
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP

film is 24 fps.

but you should use the lowest frame rate that gives satisfactory results.  generally a frame rate of 20 to 30 gives good results.

as for stage size, that's a design decision that can't be made for you.  if 800x600 is all the stage you need, then use 800x600.  if you want larger stage, you only need to consider the monitor size you expect your audience to use.  you wouldn't want a stage size larger than a small percentage of your intended audience.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: What are the best settings when producing for CD-ROM
            subtlefly72 Level 1

Yeh cheers I know that film is 24 fps but the film guys recon they are outputting at 25fps, never mind I can always change it hey.  Also have you got any tips on keeping the projector size small, I am starting to lose sleep over doing all this work and it not fitting on the disc!

thanks for any advice

sub

• 3. Re: What are the best settings when producing for CD-ROM
              kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP

in your situation, sound and video will be the main determinants of file size.  you can decrease video size by decreasing its width/height or decreasing its quality.  you can decrease sound size by decreasing quality.  and, of course, you can have less sounds/videos.

1 person found this helpful