5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 16, 2012 8:07 AM by John T Smith

Problem playing DVD on TV

alan.wilson7

I burnt my project to a file.  This resulted in 2 folders being created. 

Open DVD  (file folder 12.8mb)

Video_TS    (file folder 4.19GB)

I then burnt this onto a DVD

The DVD plays on my PC as soon as I load it. However when I try to play on DVD player The 2 folders appear on the TV screen and I can not get the DVD to play. 

I hope this is a common problem with an easy answer.

• 1. Re: Problem playing DVD on TV
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Use Windows Explorer (are you Windows?) to examine the folder structure of a commercial DVD, and make sure you have the same structure on the DVD you created

What software did you use for the burn process, with exactly what parameters, and what brand of blank disc are you using?

• 2. Re: Problem playing DVD on TV
            alan.wilson7 Level 1

I am using windows 7.  A commercial DVD shows file system as UDF as does my created one.

I used the premier elements software to burn to folder and windows software to create DVD.

I am using a Phillips DVD+RW 4.7gb disc.

• 3. Re: Problem playing DVD on TV
              the_wine_snob Level 9

In your VIDEO_TS folder, you should have the full structure for a DVD-Video, including the IFO, BUP and VOB's. That folder is what the DVD set-top player should see, and should launch properly, displaying either a Main Menu, or if you did an AutoPlay DVD-Video, the Video file should play.

Now, I am not 100% sure that I follow your workflow. Did you choose Burn to Folder from PrE?

Did you add any Menu Set, or create an AutoPlay DVD?

Exactly what Windows software did you use to burn the VIDEO_TS folder to disc?

For general playability issues, this ARTICLE might be useful.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 4. Re: Problem playing DVD on TV
                pgauba Adobe Employee

Hi,

What software you are using to burn the dvd folder to disc?

You should use a software which supports burn dvd folder to disc.

Adobe Encore supports burn DVD folder to disc.

Thanks,

Pankaj Gauba

• 5. Re: Problem playing DVD on TV
                  John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Pankaj... You are in the Premiere Elements forum, which is an all in one product that is MUCH lower cost than the Premiere Pro + Encore bundle

Someone who has Premiere Elements is not likely to have Encore

Now... to the OP (Original Poster)

Create a folder on your hard drive with Premiere Elements and then use the FREE http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download to write that folder to disc (send the author a PayPal donation if you like his program)

Imgburn will read the ACTUAL disc brand from the disc, which is not always the same as the box label (Memorex is notorious for buying "anything" and putting it inside a Memorex box)

When you write to disc with Imgburn, use the slowest possible speed setting, so your burner has the best chance to create "good, well formed" laser burn holes... since no DVD player is required to read a burned disc, having a "good" one from a high quality blank will help

Use Taiyo Yuden single layer or Verbatim Two layer

Or Falcon Pro for inkjet printable Two layer

1 person found this helpful