4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 13, 2012 5:33 PM by chasmalott

slideshow

chasmalott

I am creating a photoshow for dvd. is there a way to put 2 pictures on 1 slide? i am creating the photoshow in photoshop then transfering it to elements and it will be in widescreen format. the landscape pictures fill the slide but portrait pictures leave bars on the side and i would like to put 2 portrait (vertical) pictures side by side in one slide. any help would be appreciated.

• 1. Re: slideshow
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Absolutely. In Timeline mode, just put one photo on Video 1 and the other on Video 2 and resize them so that both can be seen at the same time.

The easiest way to resize an image is to click on it on the Monitor panel and drag the corner handles in. You can also drag the image to any position in the video frame.

BTW, when using photos in a slideshow, don't forget the first rule: NEVER use photos larger than 1000x750 pixels in size. You'll overload the program.

• 2. Re: slideshow
            chasmalott Level 1

Thanks Steve, I am using PS and Elements 8 with windows 7 and am mostly a novice. So will I do this when I create the slideshow in PS or after I load it into Elements.

• 3. Re: slideshow
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Now, are you using Photoshop, or Photoshop Elements? They are very similar in some areas, but especially with regard to SlideShows, quite different.

If the latter, are you creating that SlideShow in the Organizer?

For another treatment of the portrait oriented Images, you might get some ideas from this ARTICLE.

Good luck,

Hunt

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: slideshow
                chasmalott Level 1

Thanks Mr. Hunt. I am using Photoshop Elements 8 then usually load it to Premier Elements to convert the slideshow to dvd. Someone else suggested using the collage feature in the create tab to put the 2 together then save that as one image to load into the slideshow. I think I can do that but I don't know how the finished collage image will compare in size to the standard prints.