1. What is AIR programming language like?
2. AIR is used for building only web applications? Or for
building only desktop applications? Or for building both?
3. AIR must be used with FLEX together. Right? If so, in
general using AIR with FLEX together is easier than using FLEX
4. Can I use AIR alone to build applications?
1. AIR is not really a programming language. You can create
AIR apps using, I believe, Flex, AJAX, DHTML, and combinations of
these, and AIR does provide AS classes you can use.
2. I always hear about using AIR to create destop/web apps.
You can't consider them real desktop apps as you can't run other
native apps from AIR, and there are other limitations. Don't know
if you can create an AIR app that is purely a web app.
3. I don't think Flex is absolutely necessary with AIR,
though using the two is highly preferrable. You can build AIR apps
4. I think AIR alone is not an option. I think you need
something else, like Flex, AJAX, DHTML.