4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 14, 2012 7:23 AM by peter minneapolis

Colour below paragraph text in inline graphic way

sadhale

Hellow,

I am doing children story book in indesign cs5. Every story has  title, picture, story, questions and some other fun matter.

Story flows in two and two and half pages. Below STORY MATTER ONLY we want to put colour which flows one frame to another or one page to another.

I am doing full INLINE graphic i.e. every thing in one frame  flowing automatically if I reduce or add matter in between.

Can it possible colour patch below story matter  adjusted atuomaticelly if matter reduced or added and flow from one frame to another.

Can we define in paragraph style colour below paragraph.

• 1. Re: Colour below paragraph text in inline graphic way
          Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

I'm not sure if you can do what you want with a paragraph rule below, or if you might need some sort of anchored object, or if it is not possible to automate at all. Can you show us an illustration of what this should look like on a page?

You can use the camera icon on the web page to embed an image in a post like this:

CameraIcon.png

• 2. Re: Colour below paragraph text in inline graphic way
            sadhale Level 1

Dear Peter Spier

Yes, I tried paragraph rule also. But It dosent work because if paragraph ends with one or two words, colour patch dosent stretch to right edge.

Then colour dosent go little beyond matter.

I can use Anchor object, but I need to adjust anchorde patch as per matter.

You will get better idea from the image below

sample.jpg

• 3. Re: Colour below paragraph text in inline graphic way
              Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

Paragraph rules can be set to either column width or text width, and you can add positive or negative insets to either one.

But it really looks to me like this should be done with an object style for frames that contain the story. In the Object Style you can set a background color, text color, and frame insets. It looks to me as if the questions at the end are in a round-cornered frame, and you can do this the same way, with a new object style based on the first one, but with a coner effect added.

To use this method you would need to adjust the frames to start and end at break points for each type of content, then add another threaded frame of the correct type for the next bit of content, if you have mutiple types of content in a single story.

• 4. Re: Colour below paragraph text in inline graphic way
                peter minneapolis Level 4

sadhale wrote:

Dear Peter Spier

Yes, I tried paragraph rule also. But It dosent work because if paragraph ends with one or two words, colour patch dosent stretch to right edge.

Then colour dosent go little beyond matter.

I can use Anchor object, but I need to adjust anchorde patch as per matter.

You will get better idea from the image below

sample.jpg

Have you considered applying the background color as a filled rectangle on the master page, and creating the white separators around graphics, and activities items as anchored objects with white fill and/or borders?

HTH

Regards,

Peter

Peter Gold

KnowHow ProServices