4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 15, 2012 7:55 AM by John T Smith

Running Adobe premiere in samung rv 520

sullfilms

Hello all

I am wondering if I can run and install Adobe Premiere Elements on a Samsung RV 520 ?

heres all the spec thanks ! Christian

Specifications:

• Colour: Metallic Silver
      • Operating System Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium (64 bit)
      • Processor Intel Core i3 2310M Processor
      • (2.1 GHz, 3 MB)
      • System Memory 2GB (DDR3 / 1 x 2GB)
      • Memory Slot 2 x SODIMM (Upgradeable to 8GB)
      • LCD 15.6” LED LCD HD (1366 x 768) 16:9
      • Graphics Intel HD Graphics 3000 (Int. Graphic)
      • Sound HD (High Definition) Audio
      • Sound Effect SRS Sound Effect
      • Speaker 3 W Stereo Speaker (2 x 1.5W) with enclosure
      • Integrated Camera 0.3 Megapixel Webcam
      • HDD 500 GB (5400 rpm SATA)*
      • ODD DVD Super Multi Dual Layer
      • Wired Ethernet LAN 10/100/1000 Ethernet
      • Wireless LAN 802.11b/g/n
      • Bluetooth Bluetooth 3.0 High Speed
      • I/O Ports 3 x USB 2.0, VGA, HDMI, Headphone-Out, Mic-In, Internal Mic, 4-in-1 Memory Card Reader (SD, SDHC, SDXC, MMC), RJ45 (LAN), DC-In Power Port
      • Security Norton Internet Security (60-day Trial)*, Boot Up Password, HDD Password, Kensington Lock Port, Samsung Recovery Solution
      • AC Adapter Category Selection
      • Battery 6 Cell 4400mAh - 6.3hours (BatteryMark), 4.2 hours (DVD Play)
      • Dimensions (W x D x H) 381.6 x 256.2 x 31.9 ~34.9mm
      • Weight 2.4Kg (6 cell battery)
      • Warranty 1 Year International Warranty
        • 1. Re: Running Adobe premiere in samung rv 520
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

You can certainly run it. But whether or not it will edit your video depends on the model of camcorder your video is coming from.

You'll have not trouble editing tape-based miniDV and even HDV. But your system will likely struggle if you try to edit hard drive or storage-based camcorders like AVCHD and Flip cams.

• 2. Re: Running Adobe premiere in samung rv 520
            sullivanfilms

HI steve,

Thanks for the reply, I will be using a Canon xhas1 in which the footage will be mini DV tape and the camera is HDV .

You think I am will be able to edit it fine ?

Cheers Christian

• 3. Re: Running Adobe premiere in samung rv 520
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

You should be able to, if this is a laptop. But if it's a netbook, it's not really designed to edit video.

• 4. Re: Running Adobe premiere in samung rv 520
                John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

>edit it fine

Edit... yes

Fine... maybe not so much

Are you the same person who started this message thread, but with a new ID?

If you are the same person, a laptop with a single 5400rpm drive is BARELY going to edit SD/HDV video... but you may then be one of the people who comes back to ask why your video "plays glitchy" while editing

Trying to use only ONE Hard Drive for Video Editing

You are a music conductor, with a baton that you use to point to various parts of the orchestra... this is like Windows pointing to various parts of the hard drive to do Windows housekeeping or to load program segments for various functions

Now, at the same time and with the same hand... while still using the baton to conduct the orchestra... pick up a bow and play a fiddle... this would be doing something with your video file at the same time as all the other work

You as a person cannot do both at the same time with the same hand

A computer is a LITTLE better, in that it can switch from one kind of task to another very quickly... but not quickly enough for EASY video editing

You need AT LEAST two hard drives (separate drives, never a partition http://forums.adobe.com/thread/650708 for more) with Windows (or Mac OS) and software on your boot drive, and video files on a 2nd drive so the boot drive is not slowed down by trying to do everything

I find that the three drives I use work very well for me, for editing AVCHD video... some people use a 4th drive, so video INPUT files are on drive three and all OUTPUT files are on drive four... I only bought a mid-tower case instead of a full tower case (my bad... but had to fit in the space available on my office desk!) so I use the three drives that will fit

Depending on your exact hardware (motherboard brand & model AND USB2 enclosure brand & model AND external hard drive brand & model) AND the type of video file, you may... or may NOT... be able to use an external USB2 hard drive for SD (Standard Definition) video editing

Steve Grisetti in the Premiere Elements forum http://forums.adobe.com/thread/856208 and Jim Simon in the Premiere Pro forum http://forums.adobe.com/thread/856433 use USB externals for editing

A USB3 hard drive connected to a motherboard with USB3 is supposed to be fast enough for video editing (I don't have such, so don't know) but eSata DOES have a fast enough data transfer for video editing... I have not used the eSata Dock below... for reference only, YMMV and all the usual disclaimers

http://www.amazon.com/Thermaltake-BlacX-eSATA-Docking-Station/dp/B001A4HAFS/ref=cm_cmu_pg_ t