6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 14, 2012 2:09 PM by Dave LaRonde

output multiple regions from one composition

adamfilipo

I have one large composition (3840 x 2160) that I need to output into 4 - 1080p regions, top left, top right, bottom left and bottom right

for a video wall. its running on 4 large tvs and I need to provide 4 videos. one for each tv so it looks correct.

Any advice on how to accomplish this?

• 1. Re: output multiple regions from one composition
          bogiesan Level 4

ONe way is to simply bring your master into each 1080p comp and position each carefully. It's not difficult but you needed to account for the bezels between the display units and that probably wasn't part of the design.

I suggest you render the master to a lossless codec and bring that movie into each comp.

• 2. Re: output multiple regions from one composition
            Dave LaRonde Level 6

Make 4 different 1920x1080 comps.  Nest the big comp inside them, and position it properly.  You're all set.

...and I see the Good Mr. Bogesian beat me to it.  He's right about the prerendering, incidentally.

• 3. Re: output multiple regions from one composition
              adamfilipo Level 1

Any way to do it . with one comp and regions of interest?

I have other projects where i mix and match portait and landscape tvs.

if there is a way to mark regions of each output. (taking into account spacing and bezels)

that would be awesome

• 4. Re: output multiple regions from one composition
                Dave LaRonde Level 6

adamfilipo wrote:

Oh, probably, if you like doing things the hard and inaccurate way.  Since I prefer doing things accurately and as easily as possible, I haven't given the process much thought.

• 5. Re: output multiple regions from one composition
                  bogiesan Level 4

adamfilipo wrote:

I have other projects where i mix and match portait and landscape tvs.

if there is a way to mark regions of each output. (taking into account spacing and bezels)

that would be awesome

"Regions of interest" is the wrong approach. All you will end up with is a huge movie of the little region sitting within a large area of black. That solves nothing ad complicates thing immensely. Your "other projects" will beenfit tremendously from your experience on this one.

Are you absolutely certain you need four simul rolls instead of a single master than is feedinga scalar? The people who run this display must have done this before. Or find out who makes the display playback system and contact the mfr to see if they have any advice for you.

> I have one large composition (3840 x 2160) that I need to output into 4 - 1080p regions, top left, top right, bottom left and bottom right

for a video wall. its running on 4 large tvs and I need to provide 4 videos. one for each tv so it looks correct.

Any advice on how to accomplish this?<

Are you absolutely certain you need to provide four simul rolls instead of a single master than is feeding a scalar? The people who run this display must have done this before. Or find out who makes the display playback system and contact the mfr to see if they have any advice for you.

• 6. Re: output multiple regions from one composition
                    Dave LaRonde Level 6

Yup: go check on those delivery specifications.  Find out what's specifically needed for playback on the exact system that will play it back.  They can vary too much to do anything else.