2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 15, 2012 9:46 PM by Mylenium

Menu Transition in Tutorial Not Working

ex-dvdsp

Hi,

I am an Apple cross over, loved DVDSP, easy to use and EASY to create menu transitions.

I want to start creating transitions in Encore using Adobe After Effects (which is the only method possible).

I found a tutorial for this provided by Adobe, wow , what a better person to tell you how to use their machine than the one who built it!!

It doesn't work.

I get to step 15 "Choose Composition> Preview > Ram Preview and I see no animation. (spent hours doing over and over)

Some of the directions are somewhat vague, however, I seem to be getting the correct results. EG, step Step 4 "Double-click the comp in After Effects"

I believe they mean the "Composition" Asset??? (Please don't use abbreviations!)

This is the link to the tutorial:

http://www.adobe.com/designcenter-archive/aftereffects/articles/aftcs3it_dvdmenus_02.html

If someone could verify that :

1. It is correct and I am wrong in my process.

2. It is wrong, missing a step and I am right in my process.

Thanks very mucho for any help

Sincerely,

Escapee from Apple Land

• 1. Re: Menu Transition in Tutorial Not Working
          ex-dvdsp Level 1

OK,

I missed ONE important part.

That was setting a keyframe by clicking on the stopwatch, I thought that the "Stop watch" was the dragable "0.00" in the effects panel.

I couldnt see the actual "Watch" outline that is about 3 x 5 pixels in size. Even with my glasses on, its quite hard to see.

I caught this solution watching a Utube video. "I'm now setting a keyframe" and I watched him do it.

Escapee from apple land.

PS

It works but it is crap, there is still a switch to a black screen, a delay and then the "Transition" which is no longer any type of transition at all.

Thanks Adobe for your high quality product. This is not a problem in DVDSP.

• 2. Re: Menu Transition in Tutorial Not Working
            Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

See my reply to your other post.

Mylenium