5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 16, 2012 7:11 AM by Peter Spier

Indesign cs 5.5 for windowskeeps shutting down

VanMark123

Indesign 5.5 is shutting down constantly,  windows 7 doesn't provide crash log, have amt3 log can anyone tell me how to fix this, have re-loaded cs programs, run cleaner tool.  Yet still it shuts down for no apparent reason, even when know other programs are open. System is a new Toshiba laptop with 6 gigs of ram.

• 1. Re: Indesign cs 5.5 for windowskeeps shutting down
          Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

What are you doing when it happens?

• 2. Re: Indesign cs 5.5 for windowskeeps shutting down
            VanMark123 Level 1

Doesn't seem to be anything in particular, problem is random, we have reinstalled the cs 5.5, run the clean sweep program from adobe. It just tells me that Indesign is shutting down. The file usually reloads alright but there has been a couple of files that become damaged and unable to open, both on my system and others. Is it possible to supply you with the amt3 log from my system to let you know what my computer is doing? As a side note we, purchased three cs 5.5 Indesign programs for our business and the same thing is happening on one of the other system. It seems to help their system if they run absolutely nothing at the same time. If we are running photoshop and Illustrator open and other programs they do fine without problem, it is as soon as we open Indesign that the problem happens. It is also important to note that the two computer systems we are running are different sytems completely. This has become a huge problem, we are a graphics firm with combined 60+ yeras experience and are very familiar with these programs and have never had this problem before with past cs 4.0 and cs 3.0. Please help!!!! this is really becoming a problem and I have seen the blogs showing other people are having this closing problem with Indesign.

• 3. Re: Indesign cs 5.5 for windowskeeps shutting down

You can post the log on PasteBin.com, then put a link here. It probaly won't mean anything to me, but perhaps to someone else.

This sounds like some sort of conflict, or perhaps a driver problem. Are there newer or older video drivers for you machine you could try? How about turning off other background programs? This sort of intermittent thing is very hard to pin down.

What do you run for anti-virus?

• 4. Re: Indesign cs 5.5 for windowskeeps shutting down
                VanMark123 Level 1

Here is the pastebin link for my amt3 system info.

We use Kaspersky anti-virus

We have turned off background programs, but that doesn't sound like a fix... more of a patch.

[Link removed by forum host]

Message was edited by: Peter Spier

• 5. Re: Indesign cs 5.5 for windowskeeps shutting down

Tuning off background programs is a diagnostic tool. If the crashing goes away, you can start putting them back and try to determine which one in particular is the culprit.