3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 18, 2012 7:11 AM by the_wine_snob

keyboard short cuts to move clips

x_axis Level 1

I simply want to move a clip about 2 pixels to the right. The arrow keys don't do it. I tried every keyboard shortcut I could think of to move the clip the few pixels that I need. Doing it with a mouse is painstaking and not accurate. Is there a way to move clips and images with the key board?

Also, I want to be able to set the dimensions of the movie different than the presets when I start a new project. Basically, I am resizing the video to look like it fits in a tv screen. I want the video to be the dimensions 960x640. And then import videos into the project.

Anybody got suggestions.

• 1. Re: keyboard short cuts to move clips
          nealeh Level 5

x_axis wrote:

I simply want to move a clip about 2 pixels to the right. The arrow keys don't do it. I tried every keyboard shortcut I could think of to move the clip the few pixels that I need. Doing it with a mouse is painstaking and not accurate. Is there a way to move clips and images with the key board?

From the clip properties you can be precise by using the Position entries:

1.png

Cheers,

--

Neale

Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 2. Re: keyboard short cuts to move clips
            genesmachine Level 1

make sure that you have the clip highlighted that you want to move then hold down the alt key and use the left or right arrow key and it will move the clip one frame at a time

• 3. Re: keyboard short cuts to move clips
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Neale has addressed the change in the Fixed Effect>Motion>Position, via typing in the exact pixel coordinates. One can also scrub those numbers, but to be exact to a pixel x pixel coordinate, typing in the exact attribute is the best, and quickest.

As for the Projects' Frame Size, one is relegated to the Frame Sizes provided in the Presets. To get full custom Frame Sizes, one would need to go to PrPro, which allows one to customize almost every attribute in a Sequence (think mini-Project inside of the Project).

Now, in PrE, one can Import Source Footage of a different Frame Size (pixel x pixel dimensions), leave the black bars around it, and then, depending on the Export/Share format, can Crop in the output. However, that capability will depend on the chosen output format.

Good luck,

Hunt