2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 17, 2012 2:24 AM by CyberGolem

Closing the Capture window crashes Premiere

CyberGolem Level 1

Hi,

I'm attempting to capture video from a Sony DHR-FX1. The capture window doesn't show the video as it plays, but it appears to record it; when I stop and save the clip, the saved video appears in the Library window with a visible thumbnail of the video. As soon as I close the capture window, Premiere suddenly shuts down.

The settings in Premiere:

HDV 1080i30 (60)

1440x1080 (1.33 anamorphic)

16x9

48kHz 16 bit

The computer is a MacPro Tower with OSX Snow Leopard and I'm running version CS5.5.

Thanks much,

--Chaz

• 1. Re: Closing the Capture window crashes Premiere
          Todd_Kopriva Level 8

Have you installed the most recent updates?

Has this ever worked before?

Which exact version of Mac OSX?

• 2. Re: Closing the Capture window crashes Premiere
            CyberGolem Level 1

My version of OSX is 10.6.2

I purchased the Master Collection just this week so this is my first time using CS5.5 (and on a Mac no less). I downloaded the latest updates for Premiere [5.5.2] and there was a small improvement. Which now means the program doesn't crash immediately after closing the capture window, though it does eventually. I'm wondering if the crash when closing the capture may have been a coinidence before anyway.

There was a small delay before my latest crash which gave me enough time to save a short 5-sec test snippet. The footage was still in the file when I restarted so we're headed in the right direction. I'm attempting to record the entire tape at once to see if I can manage to save that with the same results.

Are there Codecs associated with this product or for the Mac that you're aware of?