4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 16, 2012 6:34 AM by Peter Spier

Make New Folder

mac1522

Hi all,

How i can new folder on other system by ip. My system ip like this 20.20.20.84 but i want make new folder this ip 20.20.20.86. You have any Java/Apple script for this.

my both mac connf. Mac OS X 10.6.8

thank you so much

Regard ~Mac1522~

• 1. Re: Make New Folder
          BobLevine MVP & Adobe Community Professional

What exactly does this have to do with InDesign?

Bob

• 2. Re: Make New Folder
            Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

My suspicion is that the OP wants to create a new folder as part of some automation routine.

If that's the case, you'd be best off asking in the scripting forum: InDesign Scripting and providing a lot more details.

• 3. Re: Make New Folder
              [Jongware] Most Valuable Participant

My suspicion is this has nothing to do with InDesign (and so there is no point in referring the OP to the Scripting forum), and I also strongly suspect this simiply is not possible. Peter, if I have your computer's IP address, could I then create a folder on it? I don't think so. Only if you have it set up as a server, well, then I could log in (provided you gave me a log-in name and password) and make some folders, read some stuff, and change the odd filename or two.

• 4. Re: Make New Folder
                Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

I agree it may not be possible, but again I'm reeading between the lines to presume if the OP wants to create a folder on another system he has a method for logging on to that system.

I run peer-to-peer with my various desktops and laptops here, and I can set them up to allow me to have access anywhere inside my network, but no, you wouldn't be able to get in and create folders from outside my network without my permission (which you ain't going to get, even though we are buddies )