4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 17, 2012 7:05 AM by QuintenSharp

Trouble with swfs in indesign

QuintenSharp

I am trying to set up a swf file that has several other swfs imported into it (all created in indesign) When I load the page, on any browser, I get a static Flash logo ( the same one that displays when you import a swf into indesign) that does not load or play. The file is NOT hosted as we need our reps to be able to view the file locally without an internet connection. I am using CS5. Any help is greatly appreciated.

• 1. Re: Trouble with swfs in indesign
          Petteri_Paananen Level 4

First make sure that you have correct settings in Window/interactive/media panel (poster, play on page load on or off etc). Then, after export, make sure that you keep your main SWF and Resources folder together. All you sub SWF files are located into that Resources folder and user's flash player assumes that it's in same root with main SWF... Indesign creates Resources folder automatically when you export SWF with videos or other SWF files placed into any page of it...

• 2. Re: Trouble with swfs in indesign
            QuintenSharp Level 1

It turns out that we were putting the reference files into the same folder as the swf and html files. What we needed to do to make it work was put the indesign generated folder ("filename_resources" I think it was called) into the same location as the html and swf file. Now the html file will open the swfs correctly.

Thank you for the help.

Any ideas on ways to make the swfs display properly on page load? This is what we are currently getting and we end up having to click on them to get the swf's to display. After clicking they display properly and will play as intended.

Screen shot 2012-02-16 at 5.57.44 PM.png

• 3. Re: Trouble with swfs in indesign
              Petteri_Paananen Level 4

Open Media panel and Choose a poster for selected SWF. Poster is image that will be displayed when SWF doesn´t play. You can grab the poster from SWF or you can use external image for that.

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Trouble with swfs in indesign
                QuintenSharp Level 1

Thank You so much for the help. I really appreciate it.