2 Replies Latest reply on May 24, 2008 10:13 AM by Newsgroup_User

please help

runamukk Level 1
      Hope this isn't too remedial but I am creating a bitmap image lets say a rectangle and I smoothed the corners and created a border. Then I fill the border with a pattern and I crop the document. The problem I am having is that when I go to put the image on the site im building, every corner comes to a point from the old backrond color and the contrasting background on my site basically brings attention to every corner. how can I crop a rounded edge on a rectangle on a bitmap image is basically my question. Its basically showing a little bit of white on each corner even though my border is metallic and background on my site is black. any help would be appreciated.
        • 1. Re: please help
          Level 7
          runamukk wrote:
          > Hope this isn't too remedial but I am creating a bitmap image lets say a
          > rectangle and I smoothed the corners and created a border. Then I fill the
          > border with a pattern and I crop the document. The problem I am having is that
          > when I go to put the image on the site im building, every corner comes to a
          > point from the old backrond color and the contrasting background on my site
          > basically brings attention to every corner. how can I crop a rounded edge on a
          > rectangle on a bitmap image is basically my question. Its basically showing a
          > little bit of white on each corner even though my border is metallic and
          > background on my site is black. any help would be appreciated.

Make sure you are working on a canvas that matches the background color
          of your page rather than a transparent one.

--
          Linda Rathgeber [PVII] *Adobe Community Expert-Fireworks*
          --------------------------------------------------------------
          http://www.projectseven.com
          Fireworks Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/fireworks/
          CSS Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/css/
          http://www.adobe.com/communities/experts/
          --------------------------------------------------------------
          • 2. Re: please help
            Level 7
            and are you using a vector rounded rectangle or a bitmap in fireworks?

Linda Rathgeber wrote:
            > runamukk wrote:
            >> Hope this isn't too remedial but I am creating a bitmap image lets say
            >> a rectangle and I smoothed the corners and created a border. Then I
            >> fill the border with a pattern and I crop the document. The problem I
            >> am having is that when I go to put the image on the site im building,
            >> every corner comes to a point from the old backrond color and the
            >> contrasting background on my site basically brings attention to every
            >> corner. how can I crop a rounded edge on a rectangle on a bitmap image
            >> is basically my question. Its basically showing a little bit of white
            >> on each corner even though my border is metallic and background on my
            >> site is black. any help would be appreciated.
            >
            > Make sure you are working on a canvas that matches the background color
            > of your page rather than a transparent one.
            >
            >