• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to build iOS in Flash Builder 4.6

Explorer ,
Feb 16, 2012 Feb 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created iOS before with the flash builder 4.6 but today when I try to create Flash builder will start after it ask if I want to overwrite exsisting api file and then after 5 minutes, the bar never moves the hourglass is going, it close the "Export Release Build" window.

No errors and not the window telling that have build api file.

Using Windows 7 64

Any one have the same problem?

Kim

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 05, 2012 Mar 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exact same problem.  After a half hour of "packaging", hourglass is still going, and packaging is at 0%.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 05, 2012 Mar 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nvm...

It just took a really long time; I left it, went to make/eat breakfast and it was done an hour later when I returned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2012 Mar 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does take a long time, I have 40MB project that takes ~16 minutes for the IPA and less than 1 minute for the APK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2012 Mar 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. It tries to compile and just hangs. I have let it run overnight. the project is about 30MB, it compiles apks fine though. I really need to find a solution so any help at all is appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 26, 2012 Apr 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh my... that's so sad - I so hoped there would be a solution to my problem (I've got the same like you all), but there seems to be no answer...?

I tried updating from Flash Builder 4.5 to 4.6 (even deinstalled the 4.5 before installing the new one), but nothing changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 26, 2012 Apr 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the error that I have. Is the same with you?

exporting_to_ios_error.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 27, 2012 Apr 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that you have another error. With me (and I think with the others before me, too) there is no error message at all. Flash Builder keeps on "generating" and "generating", but nothing really happens and the .ipa is never published. But sorry for your error - the message is not very meaningful, either...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2012 Apr 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was not getting an error message. I did finally get it working. I believe it was something in the provision file. After I downloaded a new one and used that it compiled normally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 30, 2012 Apr 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found out that there was something wrong with some certificate or key (don't know which exactly).

I tried building the .ipa with the cmd (I'm on Windows) and there I got an error message saying so.

Because I generated the certificates and keys with a Mac but intended to use them on Windows for developing something went wrong, I think. I then followed the steps for creating them on Windows described here and with those finally the .ipa was generated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2012 May 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a similar problem while trying to export the mobile application for iOS, i tried all sorts of combinations with the certificates, since it works on simple and smaller applications, but for some it does not.

Also, a couple of days earlier, i was able to compile the same ios release build, but today it is just frustrating me and getting stuck at packaging (0%)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 08, 2012 Sep 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to solve the exact same problem some days . No results. The app is build well in fast debug mode and then work correctly. But in standart debug mode is not packaging. I've tried dozens of options, cut off the library, check the library provision and certificates to an empty project - all well. Do not understand what I can to try and where to look for a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2013 Mar 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with Flash Builder 4.7

Moving source to new project helped

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2013 Jun 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our application takes 3 hours to do a release build for iOS. I have a second machine just for doing builds...It's ridiculous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2013 Sep 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, Exporting a release build hangs at 0 percent for hours until my system runs out of memory, I have 8GB! I HEARD STARTING A NEW PROJECT MIGHT FIX IT, CREATING NEW DISTRIBUTION CERTIFICATES, AND A FRESH INSTALL AS WELL, What if that doesn't work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2013 Oct 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In one of my projects I suddenly couldn't build for iOS anymore. After a lot of trial and error I found out that the traces caused the problem. I removed all trace(...) commands and I could finaly do my builds again. Since then I always include

function mytrace(toTrace)

{

trace(toTrace);

}

in my projects so I only have to comment out one line before doing a build.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines