Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Firefox 10.0.2 does not detect Flash Player Plugin 64-bit 11.1.102.62

New Here ,
Feb 17, 2012 Feb 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Browser: Firefox 10.0.2

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Flash Player. I even completely uninstalled and reinstalled Firefox.

No matter what I do, Firefox will not detect Flash at all, even though it is installed. If I go to a site that requires Flash, it gives me the errors saying that I need to install Flash. If I try to install Flash automatically with Firefox's plugin finder, it always fails and directs me to Adobe's Flash page. If I do the manual install, it installs, but still won't work with Firefox.

Google Chrome detects and works perfectly with Flash Player 11.

The last version of Flash that worked with Firefox was 10.3.

Please help.

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to be sure, can you install this version of the installer?

Flash Player for other browsers

In addition, sometimes Firefox issues can be resolved by creating a new Firefox profile.  Please give this a try too.

Make a new profile

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What files do you have in C:\Windows\Syswow64\Macromed\Flash ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2012 Feb 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem as the original poster. Same details. Chrome works fine with flash, it's a firefox issue.

These are the files  I have in C:\Windows\Syswow64\Macromed\Flash ?

FlashInstall

flashplayer.xpt

flashutil11f_Plugin

install

NPSWF32.dll

Any help would be appreciate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally found out. I was being directed to download the wrong version of Flash Player.

After I downloaded and installed this version, it started working.

Be certain to uninstall the other version first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have uninstalled and reinstalled a few times using the links from this page, and still have the same issue. Any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you download and install the exact file I pointed to? It got it working for me. Here's the thread I started on another site about this problem where it was answered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, i downloaded from your link, and I read the other thread as well. Firefox add on tab pops up and the "Plugin finder service" for firefox keeps saying failed for this version of flash player and asks me to manually install from the Adobe site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Go to http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/plugincheck/ and check what it says about Shockwave Flash plugin.

Also type  about:plugins  into the address bar and see if Shockwave Flash is enabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines