23 Replies Latest reply on Jul 14, 2013 9:34 PM by Noel Carboni

Photoshop CS5 (under Windows 7) crashes when I try to print

Alastair Mac Level 1

Hi,

I am running 64-bit Photoshop CS5 Extended upgraded to current version (12.0.4).

When I try to print, every single time, I get the following error immediately:

> Adobe Photoshop CS5 has stopped working

Windows is checking for a solution to the problem

and then shortly after

> Adobe Photoshop CS5 has stopped working

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.

Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

Quite infuriating. My printer works fine. I can print photos to it from Lightroom no problem (which, in this occasion, I had to do - saved from PS, imported to LR, then printed... very efficient!!).

I note there are other posts on this but they seem to be mostly Mac and also many seem to cure by upgrading to 12.0.4.

I am a relatively light user (keen amateur not professional) so I don't use PS regularly. However this also means it is pretty much an out-of-the-box install since I don't tinker with it either. It's so long since I last used it I can't remember if I had this problem last time - I vaguely recall having had it sometimes but not others. Doesn't seem to matter whether the file I opened is a JPG or a PSD (the only two I have tried).

Any help out there?

Thanks

Alastair