4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 20, 2012 1:05 PM by the_wine_snob

Dvd menu problem

Mr Forelands Level 1

The dvd menus does not accept custom background images. I can place images in the dvd menu, but when the dvd is rendered all images are gone.

What is wrong with this software? This problem has been written by others, but it seems to be no solution to it. 

My images are 720 * 576 pixels jpg.

I will be very happy if someone could give me a clue...

• 1. Re: Dvd menu problem
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Have you checked to see if this is the case if you try a different menu template?

What is your operating system? How fast is you processor, how much RAM do you have and how much free, clean, freshly defragmented space is on your hard drive(s)?

Also, when you set up your project, which project settings did you select?

What model of camcorder did your video come from and what format is it?

And which version of the program are you using?

• 2. Re: Dvd menu problem
            Mr Forelands Level 1

Hi! That was fast replying!

I have tried different templates. It dosen't work with those either. I am running Vista home premium SP1. Intel core 2 Quad cpu q8200 2,33GHz, 4 GB Ram, 240gb free space on c: where PRE9 is installed and 86 gb free space on my movie partition.

Project settings are DV 4:3 PAL at 25 frames pr sekond. File format is: Microsoft AVI DV PAL. Optimize stills button is checked in video render project settings.

• 3. Re: Dvd menu problem
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

What model of camcorder is your video coming from and how did you get it onto your computer?

Any reason you haven't updated to Vista SP2??? Particularly with Vista, keeping updating is vital. In fact, I recommend that you manually go to Windows Update and get even the non-critical updates. This is the only way to get many important drivers and other software updates.

• 4. Re: Dvd menu problem
                the_wine_snob Level 9

There were several Menu Sets in PrE 9, that did not work properly, when adding a custom background image. One valued contributor, A T Romano, did a full test, and listed each "problem" Menu Set. His report is in a thread, similar to yours on the Menu Sets.

It appears that Adobe corrected those Menu Sets in PrE 10, or at least I have not read of the issue with the latest version. I never did find out why some of those Library Menu Sets (they are just PSD's after all), did not work. It also seems that ATR found a workaround for those, but I cannot recall the details now. This is one of those THREADS, with ATR's comments, and there are several others too.

Good luck,

Hunt

1 person found this helpful