3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 20, 2012 8:33 AM by Ned Murphy

Making a file that others can view.

Greeem17

I recently finished my first little project and I wanted to send it to my friends so they can give me feedback; however, once they got the file (.swf and .html) all they recieved was a blank document. How can I save/publish my project so the graphics are displayed correctly on other people's computers that don't have the original files.

I can provide additional informatin as needed.

• 1. Re: Making a file that others can view.
          Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

First insure that what you are sending them is sufficient for displating your file.  YOu can do this by creating the set of files first and testing them at your end. 

A better alternative than this is to upload your files to a server and provide a link to the html so that your reviewers do not have to deal with setting up any of the files.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Making a file that others can view.
            Greeem17 Level 1

So for the first option, I should send them the folder that contains the files too?

The second option I understand pretty well.

There isn't a way to package it all together so the published file contains the graphic files, sound files, etc that may be used inthe project?

• 3. Re: Making a file that others can view.
              Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

If you have the graphics and sound files imported into the library when you create the file, then they are included with the file when you publish it.  If you dynamically load these files instead, then they need to be included as part of whatever package you assemble, and that package should reflect the same folder/file structure and content as what you have on your machine.

The second option is really the easiest way to go all around.

1 person found this helpful