1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 20, 2012 2:15 AM by Innovatology

Loading Property Files at Runtime

Fatlog Level 1

Hi,

Is it possible to load property/resource files individually at runtime?

I already load resource bundles into my app at runtime. These contain all the flex framework property files and it works fine.

However I have a seperate custom property file which contains all the localised strings for my app.

I dont want to add these into the resource bundle swf's as they can change a lot and would require me to re-compile the resource bundles very frequently.

What I would like to be able to do is have the relevant resource bundle loaded at runtime(done) and then pull in a seperate resource file for all the custom strings.

From what I've read it seems I need to compile this seperate file into a SWF as well which isn't ideal.

Thanks

• 1. Re: Loading Property Files at Runtime
          Innovatology Level 3

You could use xml files, then load the correct XML at runtime. Or link them into your .swf at compile time (with [Embed...]) and just point a variable to the correct data. In MXML you could do something like:

<s:Label text="{language.helloworld}" />

where language is just a bindable var of type XML and helloworld is an element within your xml file, or

<s:Label text="{Languages.current.helloworld}" />

where Languages is a class and current is a bindable static public var of type XML.