6 Replies Latest reply on Mar 4, 2012 2:09 PM by Iceking007

Help with Elements 2.0

Iceking007 Level 1

Sorry I'm still stuck using 2.0 until I can afford to build a 64bit machine for my CS5 master.  In the past I've used other programs to create a DVD and burn discs however I have recently been working on a project and wanted to try  Adobe's system; unfortunetly it won't load custom themes for my DVD menu system, I check the folder on my system and they are there however when I select change theme with menues nothing appears.

I'm thinking there is a problem with the program being installed on a sepperate drive/partition other than 'Program Files'

I'm using Windows XP home, if any one could assist that would be greatly appreciated, Thank you.

• 1. Re: Help with Elements 2.0
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

The format for Premiere Elements DVD templates changed pretty radically between version 2 and version 3.

You will not be able to use DVD templates designed for later versions of the program in version 2.

• 2. Re: Help with Elements 2.0
            Iceking007 Level 1

I understand that; I'm not having difficulty using additionally installed themes; my system won't even 'see' or open the default one's that come included with the product on the CD and there is no way to browse through the UI.  Is there any way to "Manually" add them or force the system to use them or open it.

• 3. Re: Help with Elements 2.0

How fast is your processor, how much RAM do you have and how much, clean, freshly defragmented space is on your C drive?

The program will not function properly without at least 20-30 gigs of free, clean, defragmented space.

Also, have you ensured you have the latest version of Quicktime? And have you manually going to Windows Update and clicked the Custom button to ensure you have even the non-critical Windows updates, drivers and patches?

• 4. Re: Help with Elements 2.0
                Iceking007 Level 1

Sorry for the delay; been busy, so I have an older system however editing and program functionality all works well except for the DVD theme/menu portion here are my stats:

Windows XP SP3 always do custom updates

2.0Ghz Mobile M

2.0Gb Ram

nVidea GTX 7800 Go

I devided my onboard HD into three partitions giving me 15.55GB free on my C: drive I use multiple externals the program is installed on an internal my Docs are an an external ect.

I'm wondering; I will assume you will say it's my stats issue which you may be right even though the program functions fine; if there is a way to "add" a theme to my project so I can bypass the whole selection process; it just seems odd that it won't 'find' theme just gives me a blank list and no Browse button

Thank you for your help.

• 5. Re: Help with Elements 2.0

Assuming that your template installation went correctly (Can you see them if you browse through C/PROGRAM FILES/ADOBE/PREMIERE ELEMENTS 2.0/DVD TEMPLATES?), it could be your lack of free, defragmented space on your C drive.

Without at least 20 gigs of free, defragmented space, the program can not even fully open. (There could also be issues with a 2.0 ghz M processor too, which is barely powerful enough for video editing.)

• 6. Re: Help with Elements 2.0
                    Iceking007 Level 1

Yes I can see them the current dirrectory is F:\........Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 2.0\DVD Templates