4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 21, 2012 6:29 AM by c.pfaffenbichler

Two problems.......

paraberto Level 1

Hi all,

1 - how do I put this texture on the wing, without copying and pasting?

2 - how to make the gradient smooth face?

What parameters use?

thanks1.jpg

• 1. Re: Two problems.......
          c.pfaffenbichler Level 9

1) Could you please post a screenshot with the Layers Panel visible so that we can see what the current Layer structure is?

2) I notice no banding in the gradients in the face. But did you check Dither (if you worked with Gradients or, better yet, Gradient Layers)?

• 2. Re: Two problems.......
            Trevor.Dennis Adobe Community Professional

Spheres are just a matter of shading.  Make your circle on one layer and fill with the darker shade. Make a smaller circle on another layer, and fill with the lighter colour. Add loads of blur, and use Free transform to size and position relative to the larger disk.

For the texture, as you call it, make a square selection that contains one repetition of the pattern, and go Edit > Define Pattern.  Then fill your wing shape with that pattern.

There is a bit of drop shadow from the top wing you'd do with Layer styles.  The 3D affect would be done with the Dodge and Burn tools to create highlights and shadow areas.  Or you could even paint with 10% black or white if you are careful not to go too far. 

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Two problems.......
              paraberto Level 1

I have no layers, are images from the Internet.

thanks to the two

• 4. Re: Two problems.......
                c.pfaffenbichler Level 9

The 3D affect would be done with the Dodge and Burn tools to create highlights and shadow areas. 

I would like to contradict; if the Pattern is used as a Pattern Layer with a Layer Mask I would consider it more convenient to create shadows and highlights with Adjustment (or Solid Color) Layers so as to be able to edit or change the Pattern later on.

Edit: patternGreenScr.jpg