2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 22, 2012 3:21 PM by chattanewbee

upgrade license and Lion

allisonblake Level 1

Hi everyone,

A colleague's computer has officially died and we're replacing it with a new Mac mini, which will be running Lion/OS 10.7

I'll be installing all her applications from scratch. We have licenses for CS3 and an upgrade license for CS5

From what I've read, there are some problems with some components of CS3/CS4 running on Lion (Flash and Photoshop are the mentioned programs that affect my colleague).
      Given this, I was thinking better of installing the complete CS3 suite, but instead only installing InDesign CS3 as we have some projects that have not/will not be updated to CS5.

I have two questions:

1) Are there any issues, known or anecdotal about running InDesign CS3 on Lion?

2) If I install only InDesign CS3, will I be able to use the upgrade license when installing the CS5 suite? Does the license look for an installation of the suite, or is it happy as long as you can provide the activation codes?

Thanks!

• 1. Re: upgrade license and Lion
          BobLevine MVP & Adobe Community Professional

You do not need to install CS3 to install CS5 but you will need the serial number.

Bob

• 2. Re: upgrade license and Lion
            chattanewbee

This might be of help. It caused me alot of headaches when I upgraded to Lion & was running ID CS5.

"A couple days ago I asked Why my InDesign is Unresponsive after installing Lion & I wanted to share what the answer was. (I couldn't for the life of me add to my previous discussion -couldn't find a Reply button)

Anyhow...after wiping out my computer & doing a clean install by an IT person, InDesign was still Unresponsive. Somewhere along the line we were able (ha ha) to get an error that said I need to install Java RunTime. Apparently this is not included in Lion & is needed to run InDesign.

Hope this might help  others out there experiencing this problem"