4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 19, 2012 11:56 AM by Peter Spier

Merging InDesign 5.0 documents

Alex Hammerstein Level 1

Hi I have three InDesign files from which I would like to create a single ID file.

I cant see how to do this

Could some kind person advise me please

thanks

A

• 1. Re: Merging InDesign 5.0 documents
          SJRiegel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Alex

Create a new doucment (just for safety's sake), save it and leave it open. Open each of your other doucments, and in the Pages pallet, select all pages and choose Move Pages. Choose your new document from the Move To drop-down menu. You can where in the new document you want your pages to go.

• 2. Re: Merging InDesign 5.0 documents
            Alex Hammerstein Level 1

Thanks very much for the info

A

• 3. Re: Merging InDesign 5.0 documents
              Inneedofhelp123

It has been a long time since anyone looked at this thread I presume, but it worked great except for it designated a page as a master page where it really shouldn't be a master - do you know how to override this? It's because it decided it was a page 1 again, but for some reason it only happened once when I moved several pages together. Thanks!

• 4. Re: Merging InDesign 5.0 documents
                Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

Rename the master page in the new doc BEFORE you move your pages to some name that is not in use inthe other file(s), then whn you move your pages the master pages will come along for the ride.

When you move things from dodumetn to document any styles, swatches, master pages, etc. that have names will be controlled by the recieving document and if that document has similar items with the same names, the definitions attached to those names in the receiving document will prevail.

And don't forget to delete the extra blank page that was in the new file before you moved your pages.