2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 21, 2012 8:53 AM by Steve Grisetti

Changing project preferences in Premiere Elements 9

WRABVideo Level 1

I just bought a new computer with Adobe Premiere Elements 9 included.  The computer is running Windows 7 Professional with a Core i7 processor.  When I try to run Premiere 9, it will not allow me to make changes to the project preferences.  The dialogue box appears when I click on "New Project", but none of the buttons work to change the project location or project preferences (DV or HD, etc.)

Is there a patch available that will free up this problem?

• 1. Re: Changing project preferences in Premiere Elements 9
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

You can check for patches by going to Help/Check for Updates. (If you go to any Adobe product -- including Acrobat Reader -- and Check for Updates it will update all of your Adobe products.)

But also:

1) Ensure you have the latest version of Quicktime from Apple.com

2) Manually go to Windows Update and ensure that you have even the non-critical updates (which often include important drivers).

3) For good measure, run Advanced System Care Free's Deep Care to clean and tune your system.

http://www.iobit.com/advancedsystemcareper.html

• 2. Re: Changing project preferences in Premiere Elements 9
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

When one has trouble with the GUI, i.e. getting buttons to work, etc., it's a good idea to check with the video card's mfgr's. Web site, and download, and install the latest video driver. Do not trust Windows, or any utility, to determine if you have the latest video driver. Instead, go to the card's mfgr's. Web site, or if one has a Dell, HP, Lenovo, etc., then check with the computer's mfgr's. Web site. If the latest video driver does not fix that issue, then we can move on to other troubleshooting measures.

What video card, make/model, do you have?

What is the version/date of the installed video driver?

Good luck,

Hunt