1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 21, 2012 12:21 PM by Frustrated in AZ

Won't authorize my Aluratek after computer wipe!

123498rlsjfdg

After months of using my HP netbook to transfer library books to my Aluratek Libre, I was hit with a virus, and had to wipe the netbook.  I reinstalled Adobe Digital Editions, and it somehow recognized my Libre the first time, and did not give me the option of authorizing it!  I have uninstalled/reinstalled ADE multiple times, and wiped any and all ADE-related files off of my Libre, but ADE is still somehow recognizing it each and every time!  If there was some kind of actual MENU on ADE, instead of that incredibily annoying baby-proof interface, maybe I could find a way to re-authorize my Libre, but, of course, there's nothing in the program, nothing on the website, nothing anywhere.

Wiping my Libre is NOT an option, because I'm not losing hundreds of ebooks just because Adobe Digital Editions is a hateful, hateful program.

I used to be a fan of Adobe products, but, I'll tell you honestly, I'm so angry, and frustrated about this nonsense.  If you're going to force everyone to use your program, MAKE IT A PROGRAM THAT WORKS!!!!

• 1. Re: Won't authorize my Aluratek after computer wipe!
          Frustrated in AZ Level 4

It can be VERY frustrating to have a virus ruin your computer life.  But

I'd like to point out a couple of things that might help put some

perspective on your situation and help in resolving it.

First, ADE keeps small files on your hard drive that identify the devices

that are attached to it.  If you wiped the netbook where these files

reside, and did a clean install from the Adobe website, then they 'should'

be gone.  If you used a backup of ADE, then you will still have those

files.  Just reinstalling ADE multiple times won't affect the situation.

Next, you talk about wiping 'any and all files' associated with ADE off

your Libre.  That didn't work, and I suspect it was because of some files

located in ADE on your netbook.

There are a couple of things you might try to do.  First is de-authorizing

your Libre and re-authorizing it.  There's some instructions on how to do

that in this blog post (click

here)<http://ebookreadersoftware.wordpress.com/category/adobe-digital-editions/>.

It's the second one down.  Next, re-authorize it, using the instructions in

the third one down in the same blog post.

There may be more information you have that could make things more

complicated, or simpler.  I can't tell from your post.

C'mon back if you need more!

===============