10 Replies Latest reply on Feb 21, 2012 5:00 PM by nealeh

Internal Software Error

greg11111111

I am using Elements 10 with Vista 64bit quad system and 8gig of ram. Everytime I burn a DVD or to a folder for DVD at 99% I get a (Internal software error-\Vobulator\Title Planner\CVOBUPLANNER.CPP, line 331) Error and it won't go any further and I have to cancel out of the DVD creation in Elements. I'm using Sony m2ts files. After aplying a menu I can preview just fine and I can burn to Blue-ray but can't create a DVD. Some of the poeple I share with do not have the equipment or software to play Blue-ray. I've reinstalled the program twice no luck.

Can someone please Help

gregb

• 1. Re: Internal Software Error
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

The Vobulator module is part of the Sonic AuthorCore, that Adobe licenses from Sonic. It basically packages the Transcoded files, the Menu Sets and their navigation, and then creates the VIDEO_TS folder, and necessary files. That the Vobulator is crashing at the Planning stage, seems to indicate that something is being requested, that is out of the DVD specs.

As a test, I would Export/Share that HD Timeline as DV-AVI, and then Import that into a DV Project (NTSC, or PAL, depending on where you live). Then, do the Menu Creation, with an SD Menu Set, in that Project, and do a Burn to Folder. If all goes well there, test play that VIDEO_TS folder in a DVD software player, like CyberLink's PowerDVD, or MediaPlayer Classic HC, to see how it plays.

If all goes well in that test, I would go back to the HD Project, and check for anything, that is out of the DVD specs.. Note: while similar, there are some differences between the BD specs., and the DVD specs.

It could be as simple as a Stop Marker at the end of the Timeline (though that should error out with BD too), or PrE's inability to Scale down the HD Menu Set - just some things to think about, and look for.

Good luck, and let us know how the test goes, please.

Hunt

• 2. Re: Internal Software Error
            greg11111111 Level 1

Thanks Bill for a fast reply ..... I'll give it a try .... I upgraded from elements 7 which I used for many years and the first two DVD burns worked just fine ....

BTW I'm in AZ., One was small file the other was 4gig and it fit to DVD just fine. Now this program file is about 3gig ... I also started a new program file with 2 and 1/2 gig still would not work ...

Thanks

gregb

• 3. Re: Internal Software Error
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Greg,

Just a guess, but I would anticipate that the Vobulator Planning issue is Project-specific, and that is why I suggested that test with the DV-AVI Share, and then the authoring in the new DV Project. If that works, then we can narrow things down to something in the HD Project, that is not translating well to DVD-Video. It will also then give you a workaround to get the Project out to the clients with DVD only. If that Burn to Folder works fine, when authored and tested, one could just use a burning utility, like the great, free ImgBurn to do the physical burn to disc. As a sidenote, I stongly recommend using high-quality blank media, such as Verbatim, Taiyo-Yuden or Falcon Pro (was US only, but now might be distributed worldwide?). ImgBurn also allows one to drop down the burn speed, and that can really help playability too - along with the high-quality blank media.

As for NTSC vs PAL, though AZ (well, most of it anyway) does not use Daylight Saving Time, it is still NTSC - at least last time I checked). That fills in that part of the equation. BTW - how about our weather here? If we could just package it, we could sell it around the globe!!! (I'm in north Phoenix, myself.)

Good luck, and if that test does not go well, we can start looking at the Timeline, to see if we can find why the Vobulator Planner is crashing.

Hunt

• 4. Re: Internal Software Error
                greg11111111 Level 1

Bill I'm in AJ but don't hold that against me!

The out put of the DV-avi looks like crap .... I put a Marker at the begining and a stop marker at the end  of the avi with no menu and it's about 40% done

• 5. Re: Internal Software Error
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

Now remember, a DVD-Video is 1/4 of the resolution of HD, and a BD. That is a major drop in quality.

However, if the client has an up-rezzing DVD deck (or BD deck), hooked to an HD TV, the up-rezzing chips will do a good job with the DVD-Video, and it will be better, than a DVD played on a regular deck, hooked to a CRT TV. It will NOT be as good as BD, which is HD, but surprisingly better than the "old days."

Also, you say that you DID place a Stop Marker at the end of the Timeline, right? That will possibly present a problem, and might cause the build and burn to fail. I would remove that.

As for AJ, my older girl Bulldog is from there - right in the shade of the Superstition Mountains, so I would NEVER hold that against you.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 6. Re: Internal Software Error
                    greg11111111 Level 1

I did not have any errors .... Yes I'm fully aware of quality, Thats why I started using Elements 10 so I could better use m2ts files instead off SD format.

gregb

• 7. Re: Internal Software Error
                      greg11111111 Level 1

Bill

I used the feature in pre10 to create a BDMV for DVD and I can play it but none of my menu's show up just one continue video? I like the format is great. Is there a way to burn to a DVD and have menu selections? If so I can go that route.

gregb

• 8. Re: Internal Software Error
                        the_wine_snob Level 9

Greg,

You have me on this one. I have not burned HD to DVD-Video, but think that some others in this forum have. I am sure that they will be able to help you.

When it comes to authoring, I use Adobe Encore, so actually have little direct expertise with even simple DVD authoring with the program. Luckily, there is some overlap between the authoring functions in PrE and Encore, so I can rely on those, plus what I read in the forum.

Good luck,

Hunt

PS - am I correct that with HD to DVD, the client would still need a BD player?

• 9. Re: Internal Software Error
                          greg11111111 Level 1

Thanks  Bill

• 10. Re: Internal Software Error
                            nealeh Level 5

There is a tutorial in the Inspiration Browser. You do need a BluRay player to play back an AVCHD disk.

2.png

Cheers,

--

Neale

Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children