4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 17, 2008 8:01 AM by kglad

Button deactivation

darrengrant_23
      hi

i was wondering can anyone assist me im creating a flash game
      i have hot spots which the user needs to find, and as they are located they become in active
      once all hot spots have been found the game moves to a new scene or new label in the time line.

so far my buttons contain r

on(release) {
      button1.enabled = false;
      gotoAndPlay("sink");
      }

cheers
        • 1. Re: Button deactivation
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          what's the problem?
          • 2. Re: Button deactivation
            darrengrant_23 Level 1
            i have 3 hotspots/buttons that can be selected in any order and when they are selected a question screen appears when this is answered it goes back to the main screen and the hotspot/button which was selected becomes in active when all 3 hotspots/buttons have been selected and questions answered the game moves to a new scene i want to know how to make the game move to the next scene once all three hotspots/buttons are selected and questions are answered. as the hotspots/buttons can be selected in any random order.

cheers
            • 3. Button deactivation
              darrengrant_23 Level 1
              I have 3 hotspots/buttons that can be selected in any order. When they are selected a question screen appears when this is answered we go back to the main screen.

The hotspot/button that was selected becomes in-active. When all 3 hotspots/buttons have been selected and all questions answered the game should move to a new marker/frame. i want to know how to make the game move to the next marker/frame once all three hotspots/buttons have been selected and questions are answered... only then.

cheers
              • 4. Re: Button deactivation
                kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP
                initialize a variable (say, questionsAnswered=0) to start. in each button (or whenever the user gets credit for answering a question increment questionsAnswered and call a function that checks the value of questionsAnswered. in that function, when questionsAnswered == 3, "...move the next marker/frame".