4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 22, 2012 8:46 AM by the_wine_snob

how to learn to use photo shop?

supermom2410

I'm wanting to learn how to use photoshop. I don't know anyting at this moment. But i would really like to know what to do and where to start. Could anyone give me some hints.

Please

Thank You

• 1. Re: how to learn to use photo shop?
          SJRiegel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

lynda.com has some good tutorials, and they offer a trial subscription free. There are also many good reference books. I've heard lots of good things about the Visual Quick Start series. As you get started and need help with techniques, or how to accomplish a particular effect, come here with specific questions. There is a large knowlege base among the many users here, and they are always willing to help.

Remember, the more detailed the question, the better the chance that you will get useful answers.

• 2. Re: how to learn to use photo shop?
            andsome kj

I have just joined the forum.  The above answer is EXACTLY what I wanted for myself.  THANKS.

• 3. Re: how to learn to use photo shop?
              c.pfaffenbichler Level 9

Remember, the more detailed the question, the better the chance that you will get useful answers.

And a picture/screenshot can sometimes make clear what it would take many words to describe …

• 4. Re: how to learn to use photo shop?
                the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

A bit of the answer will depend on how YOU like to learn, or learn best.

I am more of a book person, so the Adobe Classroom in a Book for PS, Adobe Press, is a favorite of mine.

Tutorials, like the excellent Lynda.com are a bit lower on my list, but that is very personal preference, on my part.

One of the better learning tools out there is Photoshop User magazine, which is part of the NAPP (National Association of Photoshop Professionals) membership. Each edition has several levels of learning articles from beginner to very advanced. That is the only magazine that escapes the recycle bin around here.

Adobe TV has a lot of good tutorials, and demonstrations, as does Dr. Russell Brown.

There are also quite a few books on PS, from authors like Scott Kelby and Ben Wilmore, and most concentrate on particular subjects, such as Photoshop for Photographers. Because PS is such a powerful program, and offers features specific to so many diciplines, zeroing in on what YOU want to do, saves a lot of time, and some technical info, that might not be of use to you.

Good luck,

Hunt