Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import RH6 Word-RH7 Html, fonts changed

May 28, 2008 May 28, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After converting from RH6 Word to RH7 Html, I experienced some issues still pending. The font type of my entire project is changed from Arial to Times new roman...As my project is very large, I need a solution to easily change back the font type.

Another issue is that All first topics, from previous Word documents are lead in with font info like this:

Arial;Courier New;Symbol;Wingdings;Cambria Math;Monaco ;Times New Roman;Times New
Roman;Cambria;Times New Roman;Times New Roman;Times New Roman;Calibri;Times New Roman;Times
New Roman CE;Times New Roman Cyr;Times New Roman Greek;Times New Roman Tur;Times
New Roman (Hebrew);Times New Roman (Arabic);Times New Roman Baltic;Times New Roman
(Vietnamese);Arial CE;Arial Cyr;Arial Greek;Arial Tur;Arial (Hebrew);Arial (Arabic);Arial
Baltic;Arial (Vietnamese);Courier New CE;Courier New Cyr;Courier New Greek;Courier
New Tur;Courier New (Hebrew);Courier New (Arabic);Courier New Baltic;Courier New
(Vietnamese);Cambria Math CE;Cambria Math Cyr;Cambria Math Greek;Cambria Math Tur;Cambria
Math Baltic;Times New Roman CE;Times New Roman Cyr;Times New Roman Greek;Times New
Roman Tur;Times New Roman (Hebrew);Times New Roman (Arabic);Times New Roman Baltic;Times
New Roman (Vietnamese);Times New Roman CE;Times New Roman Cyr;Times New Roman Greek;Times
New Roman Tur;Times New Roman (Hebrew);Times New Roman (Arabic);Times New Roman Baltic;Times
New Roman (Vietnamese);Cambria CE;Cambria Cyr;Cambria Greek;Cambria Tur;Cambria Baltic;Times
New Roman CE;Times New Roman Cyr;Times New Roman Greek;Times New Roman Tur;Times
New Roman (Hebrew);Times New Roman (Arabic);Times New Roman Baltic;Times New Roman
(Vietnamese);Times New Roman CE;Times New Roman Cyr;Times New Roman Greek;Times New
Roman Tur;Times New Roman (Hebrew);Times New Roman (Arabic);Times New Roman Baltic;Times
New Roman (Vietnamese);Times New Roman CE;Times New Roman Cyr;Times New Roman Greek;Times
New Roman Tur;Times New Roman (Hebrew);Times New Roman (Arabic);Times New Roman Baltic;Times
New Roman (Vietnamese);Calibri CE;Calibri Cyr;Calibri Greek;Calibri Tur;Calibri Baltic;Times
(Vietnamese);

This is, as you may understand very disturbing and looks like a conversion bug to me. I can delete it, but I have to to this over 30 documents.

The last issue, I have experienced so far, is that all words written between single quotes (') were imported without the quotes. Instead of the single quote a space was written. For example: "Click the 'Start'button" was changed into "Click the Start button.

I hade to replace over 2500 quotes with minusses (-) to keep my project understandable to its readers.

For now it would be a great help, to just change the font type back to Arial...

Can someone please help me with that. My project consists out of 148 topics, so just going trough every topic, selecting text and changing the font type is my absolute last option...

Greetings

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both issues are covered in Snippets on my site and are easily fixed.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot for your answer...
I applied the patch you wrote about in snippet 51.
Unfortunately, nothing has changed.

I'll try to import the documents again after a computer reboot. Perhaps, it'll now work.

Any idea on the quotes issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, it didn't solve the problem after a reboot and fresh import of RH Word 6 project... Everything is still in Times New Roman....

Any other suggestion how to easily change all fonts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I expect you can do this through the stylesheet that your topics are using. To see which stylesheet a topic uses, right-click on it in the Project Manager pod, go to Properties, and click the Appearance tab.

Change the styles that are showing up as Times New Roman by going to Format > Styles (at least one topic must be open in WYSIWYG). Make sure the stylesheet you want is selected in the "Available in" dropdown box. Select a style, go to Format > Font, and change it to Arial.

You will probably have to change a number of styles, but I'm sure there aren't 148 of them.

If you have topics that don't use a stylesheet, tweak the stylesheet (the default is called--what else--default.css) so that the styles use Arial, and then apply the stylesheet to all topics.

Hope this helps,

Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Snippet 51 is titled "Wrong font in RoboHelp for Word. Microsoft KB917334". You are using RH HTML. That patch was intended for RH for Word X5 as mentioned in the Adobe instructions.

The font information you show is similar to an output problem that occurred when generating winhelp from an earlier version of RH for Word, specifically X5. It did not show in the source Word documents though.

I don't think you have much option but to delete that information from each topic in which it appears.

As to putting the font right, before you follow Ben's correct advice, check in the html view of each topic. I suspect that in the head section there will be an embedded style sheet and that will need to be removed so that the stylesheet Ben refers to will take precedence.

An external stylesheet (a CSS file) defines the styles but an embedded stylesheet overrules that and inline styles override all. CSS stands for Cascading Style Sheet and what I have just described is the cascading effect. It cascades unless a style nearer the actual text overrides. The nearest style takes precedence.

You also need to be aware that after removing the embedded stylesheet, your topics may lose some styles and look very different. The sign of a style being lost is that its name appears in the toolbar in caps instead of being lowercase.

You might also want to take a look at my article on importing from Word on my site.

Give those things a try and come back with any issues.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp